40 to 9 conversion good for ccw?

This is a discussion on 40 to 9 conversion good for ccw? within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Those of you that have experience with conversions I'd like your opinion. Is a .40 to 9 mm conversion reliable enough to use as an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Those of you that have experience with conversions I'd like your opinion. Is a .40 to 9 mm conversion reliable enough to use as an edc? Are there any issues that have been experienced that may make you think twice before carrying a conversion as your edc. I'm thinking specifically of a G23. Thanks
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post
    Those of you that have experience with conversions I'd like your opinion. Is a .40 to 9 mm conversion reliable enough to use as an edc? Are there any issues that have been experienced that may make you think twice before carrying a conversion as your edc. I'm thinking specifically of a G23. Thanks
    I own / have owned 4 or 5 Glocks with Lone Wolf conversion barrels and all were 100% reliable with 1000s of rounds through them. I am carrying a 27 converted to 9mm right now and have 110% confidence in it. The only thing you can do is get it and shoot a few hundred rounds through it, including you SD ammo and you should be good to go.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

I have a Gen 3 G27 and a conversion barrel. I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Never had the slightest hiccup when using it with various kinds of ammo.

Now if you are using a Gen 4 model 23, there are about 1% of them that have some issues with 115 gr 9mm because of the guide rod spring. You might need to get a Gen 3 Guide rod. Less than $25. Check the LW web page red letter warning for more info on fixes if you should have a issue. Issues are very very rare.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/23&32 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length - $109.95

and....

Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - Conversion
    You can't blame people for wanting to protect themselves, as they see the reality of law enforcement: that law is enforced only after the law shows up. That can be a problem if you're already dead.” Greg Gutfeld / Fox News

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Lone Wolf barrels are excellent! I have the G23 gen3 40-9 conversion and it is flawless.

the first question you need to ask yourself is why? why take the chance.... the price of bullets? the barrel might be reliable and the gun might work well at the range but would you really want to chance your life on saving 20 cents a round?
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

NRA
    Living In Occupied USA Glock Certified Armorer
    I own them to dink with, but sometimes, you just should not be dinking around. For CC, no aftermarket barrels, no aftermarket parts of any significance. Not parts that contribute to the gun going from click to bang (and not boom)

Treat a Glock, like the LEOs treat them, and you are better off, on all sides of the coin. IMHO

I have 9mm barrels for my G33 and G32. Haven't had a problem with either. I just put suppressor sights on my G32 so once I get it sighted in, it may very well be moving to bedside along with the can.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    I own them to dink with, but sometimes, you just should not be dinking around. For CC, no aftermarket barrels, no aftermarket parts of any significance. Not parts that contribute to the gun going from click to bang (and not boom)
    I would agree with most aftermarket parts like a titanium striker etc but barrels are a little different. Once they have been proven reliable they are solid. Ive fired in excess of 3k rounds through some conversions without an issue and its no more likely to cause a malfunction then a factory barrel.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post

Treat a Glock, like the LEOs treat them, and you are better off, on all sides of the coin. IMHO
    Weren't you just arguing about carrying on an empty chamber the other day? If you really believe you need to treat your Glock like leo you better rack that gun before you holster it. Practice what you preach!

NRA
    Living In Occupied USA Glock Certified Armorer
    My guns come with owners manuals, and at an early age i learned to read. I also do not take Rambo brand vitamins. Lol

Not funny is the recent story of a boy who died in a hotel room from a gun shot to his brain, because someone in the next room, was not a "good reader" , guy was good at ignoring safety rules, societies rules, being a Rambo. Well, America has one more dead child from a usless act of carrying a gun improperly. How many safety rules did this guy break? How many laws did this guy break? How many owners manuals had this jerk failed to read his whole life that ended up placing him as a burden to society? His latest burden is a dead child, that was trying to participate in a sporting event.

Am i an advocate of condition 3 carry of Glocks? Very much so. So is Glock.

Recommending all glock parts in a glock pistol is not just about reliableability, it is about criminal and civil liability should one get involved in a deadly force investigation or prosecution.

One lawyer may well be able to defend your actions if you are prudent in the use of your firearms, but a dream team may be needed to defend you if you are a person that cannot follow the simple task of reading and following your guns owners manual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links