Stippling.... Pro's and Con's

This is a discussion on Stippling.... Pro's and Con's within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I've had my Glock 22 gen 3 for about 5-6 years and never plan on selling it. I'm interested in stippling the polymer handle. Does ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Stippling.... Pro's and Con's

I've had my Glock 22 gen 3 for about 5-6 years and never plan on selling it. I'm interested in stippling the polymer handle. Does it really increase the grip?

Just looking for some first hand knowledge...

Yes it does. A negative side affect is that grip can also be uncomfortable on your side if its a concealed weapon.

ZEV glockworx.com stipples. I held a couple feels great!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Just a personal opinion but I would NEVER stipple a gun. Any gun. To me it is designed to be as it is. I could see putting a grip sleeve on it or maybe some grip tape but to make a permanent alteration like stippling to me is destroying a fine firearm. I have never seen a stippling job that I liked to be honest. If it were something worthwhile like a bomar cut or some slide serrations, I could probably see that but someone taking a woodturner to my plastic frame....no. Not a chance. I know you say you will never sell it and that may be true but then there may be a situation where you don't have a choice. I know I would not buy a stippled gun (and I have had the opportunity to buy many). Most people selling one seem to think it increases the value of the gun. I see it completely the opposite. It would have to be a dead give away to get my interest. Just my opinion though. If it makes you happy and you like it. Go for it.
    G17 Gen 4 USA
    G19 Gen 4 Austria
    G20 Gen 4 Austria
    G21sf Gen 3
    G22 Gen 3
    G23 Gen 4 Austria
    G26 Gen 4 Austria
    G27 Gen 4 Austria
    G29 Gen 3
    G30 Gen 3
    G41 Gen 4 Austria
    G42 Gen 4 USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper308 View Post
    Just a personal opinion but I would NEVER stipple a gun. Any gun. To me it is designed to be as it is. I could see putting a grip sleeve on it or maybe some grip tape but to make a permanent alteration like stippling to me is destroying a fine firearm. I have never seen a stippling job that I liked to be honest. If it were something worthwhile like a bomar cut or some slide serrations, I could probably see that but someone taking a woodturner to my plastic frame....no. Not a chance. I know you say you will never sell it and that may be true but then there may be a situation where you don't have a choice. I know I would not buy a stippled gun (and I have had the opportunity to buy many). Most people selling one seem to think it increases the value of the gun. I see it completely the opposite. It would have to be a dead give away to get my interest. Just my opinion though. If it makes you happy and you like it. Go for it.
    The grip tape is nice. However, I have heard people talk about the rubber grips slipping up over the slide release and stopping the user from being able to release the magazine.
    Cowboy likes this.

lkb
    Yes it is so sticky, it will gather lint off your cloths. Have fun with it!

LKB

Definetly helps with grip. I don't find it uncomfortable and I carry appendix. It's defenitly something you can do yourself if you don't want anything fancy. This is what I did to my G26 about a year or more ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3883 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	5707
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post
    Definetly helps with grip. I don't find it uncomfortable and I carry appendix. It's defenitly something you can do yourself if you don't want anything fancy. This is what I did to my G26 about a year or more ago.

Wow! Looks great for a first time job.

Slip on grips suck. Talons are nice but i almost always stipple my carry guns, and i do it aggressively. I work for a living my hands are rough and stippling makes a huge difference to me. The grips on gens 1-3 and I feel like im holding a stick of butter. I dont worry about the "value" of a used Glock. I also undercut triggerguards, do grip reductionsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-17 15.12.14.jpg 
Views:	20957 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	5709, remove finger grooves, and chop grips on occasion. Its your gun do what you want.
    Dub1973 and Swampfox762 like this.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post

Looks good and of course it shouldnt be any less comfortable if you carry IWB with and undershirt between the gun and your skin. Honestly I dont know why anyone would carry IWB without an undershirt its just that much more comfortable with the shirt between the gun and your skin. It allows the gun to slide around more as you move and it just makes the gun jabbing in at you that much softer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links