Magazine Article

Magazine Article

This is a discussion on Magazine Article within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I sent Combat Handguns my story about a close call at a convenience store in a "not so good" neighborhood. They have a "It happened ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Magazine Article

Magazine Article

I sent Combat Handguns my story about a close call at a convenience store in a "not so good" neighborhood. They have a "It happened to me" column. Just a nice little story about a possible hold-up or harm to possibly me and/or store clerk and patrons. Got a check in the mail today for $100! They featured my story in the December 2012 Combat Handguns issue. Picked up the magazine today. It is titled "Disabled, Not Defenseless". If anyone gets a chance to read it, please do. It happened in broad daylight by the way. If anyone would like to read my story, I will gladly email it to you. Too much for a post but IMO an interesting story! (Send me your email address if you want to read it).
    Us Army Attack Helicopter Crew Chief, Retired,
    Disabled Veteran
    Glock 30 Gen 4, DPMS AR15 , Ruger LCR .38 Special, Ruger SR22
    NRA Life Member

cool, now your a published author. Add that to your resume.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    lol...Hooah!

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Yea, I'm really a "star" now! LOL!
    Disabled Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Give us the reader’s digest version

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Give us the reader’s digest version
    Well, after going to a VA appointment, I stopped to get a cold drink. I was in a neighborhood that was safe when I was a kid but after living in Wisconsin for the last 25
    years, I had not realized how some of the neighborhoods in Birmingham are now. So, as I was pulling in to park, I noticed a man drinking something out of a brown paper sack near the dumpster. Thinking nothing of it, I walk in the store and immediately noticed he followed me in. As I went back to the soda cooler, he remained by the front door (still drinking out of his bag) watching EVERY move I made. As I waited in line to pay, he started to inch closer and closer to me. Approaching me from my back side and starting to get VERY close to me. So, when it was my turn to pay, and he was directly behind me, I lifted the back of my shirt to get my wallet intentionally showing that I had I weapon tucked safely in my IWB holster. He must have had a good look at that and left the store so fast that I didn't even see him go out the door. when I went back to the car, he was nowhere in sight. So, IMO I stopped either a robbery from me or the store clerk which also would have put the patrons in the store in a bad situation. Just a good feeling to know it's always there. And no, he wouldn't have been able to "snag" the gun from my holster as I had my hand positioned to draw if needed.
    RMD, rowabi and texcowboy like this.
    Disabled Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Once again...HooaH !...neat story...glad it all went down without incident..I've said it before..."Situational Awareness" is the key...more than your weapon, caliber, # of spare mags, or which GunSite class you attended...What??? you haven't attended GunSite Academy...? Me neither, lol...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

RMD
    Nice!
    i might know something

Quote Originally Posted by rowabi View Post
    Once again...HooaH !...neat story...glad it all went down without incident..I've said it before..."Situational Awareness" is the key...more than your weapon, caliber, # of spare mags, or which GunSite class you attended...What??? you haven't attended GunSite Academy...? Me neither, lol...
    rowabi, I think the 2 of us could probably proctor our own gun academy! LOL! When I teach someone how to handle, carry, shoot and just be safe with guns, I make SURE they listen and understand. I know that there's a vast number of people that want to own guns and carry them, but if they aren't properly trained, the results could be a disaster! I love to share what knowledge I have and on the other side of the coin, listen when someone is telling me something that I don't already know!
    Disabled Veteran
    NRA Life Member

sounds like he though you were going to be an easy mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links