Second question. I plan on purchasing more Glocks. Should I sell Gen3 and all be Gen4

Second question. I plan on purchasing more Glocks. Should I sell Gen3 and all be Gen4

This is a discussion on Second question. I plan on purchasing more Glocks. Should I sell Gen3 and all be Gen4 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; If I have a Gen 3 34 should I just go ahead and get a Gen 4 34 because the other guns I will get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Second question. I plan on purchasing more Glocks. Should I sell Gen3 and all be Gen4

If I have a Gen 3 34 should I just go ahead and get a Gen 4 34 because the other guns I will get like a Gen 4 35 will have the same grip and feel. If I keep the Gen 3 it will have a different grip and I am afraid it will affect my shooting when I put it down and pick up a Gen 4. I know there is not much difference between the two guns but I thought Gen 4 on all my competition Glocks would be best. The Gen 4 34 is supposed to have less recoil but I have heard than the Gen 3 but I have heard it does not. I also want the option to add The new optics site but you have to order it so you can add it in the future. I already have a buyer for the G 34 and I could remove the ZEV trigger and put the original back in. So Glock experts help this novice out please.

The finish is better on Gen 3s.

I have both Gen 3 & 4's and can not tell the difference, this is a personal thing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Montgomery, Tx now, but California, Germany x2, Georgia, Alabama, Hawaii and, oh yeah, Vietnam twice
    no.....
    Martin Baker Tie Club member

Quote Originally Posted by nickndfl View Post
    The finish is better on Gen 3s.
    So is the quality.

Prefer gen 3s. I have 3. No 4s
    Using Tapatalk

The benefit of Gen 4's is their ability to tame the recoil on hotter rounds, like 10mm and .40.

Gen. 3 is still my preference in 9mm and .45. The recoil is practically nonexistent already and I prefer the grips and slide finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
    So is the quality.
    How so?

Good Morning,

Muscle memory, familiarity, proficiency, confidence- all should be considered, when acquiring new, or different, weapons. In standardizing your weapons, based upon the previously mentioned parameters, you may have the benefit of standardized parts, whether internals and/or magazines. In any SHTF or survival scenario, logistics will remain king. Likewise, a subset of familiarity is indexing. Being able to continuously/repeatedly/reliably do fast reloads, acquire targets with no change in sight picture, and clear failures of all types, are indicative of confidence and skill levels that become instinctual. Naturally, like precision is the constant goal of any shooter, practice, practice, practice does not breed contempt, but survival skill sets that will enable you to survive when things go pear-shaped...

We are blessed that the ergonomics of the Glock line of weapons are nearly uniform, caliber/purpose, not withstanding. make each shot count- there are no guarantees of a second chance.

I have G21's, 30's, and have finally graduated to a 34 Gen 4. I had internals polished and where necessary, replaced with the best available parts. Use the best tool for the job. Caliber? Whatever you feel best using, keeping in mind the beginning of my post: Muscle memory, familiarity, proficiency, confidence. With Glock, I do not believe one can go wrong... To me, it's the finest handgun line extant, and it's what I rely upon...

Hope this helps...
    "Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

"I can read The Word of God to you, or read it over you. Your choice." -The Circuit Rider

Proud member of The Nowski Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by russgarrett View Post
    If I have a Gen 3 34 should I just go ahead and get a Gen 4 34 because the other guns I will get like a Gen 4 35 will have the same grip and feel. If I keep the Gen 3 it will have a different grip and I am afraid it will affect my shooting when I put it down and pick up a Gen 4. I know there is not much difference between the two guns but I thought Gen 4 on all my competition Glocks would be best. The Gen 4 34 is supposed to have less recoil but I have heard than the Gen 3 but I have heard it does not. I also want the option to add The new optics site but you have to order it so you can add it in the future. I already have a buyer for the G 34 and I could remove the ZEV trigger and put the original back in. So Glock experts help this novice out please.
    No! No! Hell No! Keep those Gen-3's they have the better finish! Buy all the Gen-4's you want but keep those Gen-3's if you can.-Cowboy
    Glock55 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links