Saf-t-bloc's and trigger damage

This is a discussion on Saf-t-bloc's and trigger damage within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; A couple of weeks ago I had a friend come over and I was practicing with my gun. I had a saf-t-bloc in it and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texcowboy

Thread: Saf-t-bloc's and trigger damage

A couple of weeks ago I had a friend come over and I was practicing with my gun. I had a saf-t-bloc in it and a snap cap and I was practicing draws and removal of the bloc as if I was in a firing situation. My friend picked the gun up and proceeded to do a safety check before handling it. In the process he didn't realize that you can't rack a Glock back with a saf-t-bloc in the trigger guard.

When the gun is racked back the trigger needs to freedom to move backwards or as you can see damage is done to the trigger. What I think happened is when the bloc is in the trigger guard it stops rearward movement of the trigger forcing the trigger to move upward into the gun. When that happened it basically broke something in the trigger safety (some kind of stop).

Now the safety extends to far forward (see it in the pic) when the gun is tilting down as if it’s in a holster. When the finger applies pressure the safety basically moves to the side and hangs on the trigger stopping the gun from firing.

So I ordered a new trigger and put it in myself ($15.00 on EBay and 10 mins to install) and the gun is back in A-1 condition along with my confidence. I want to say that I loved the saf-t-bloc and in no way am I dogging them but giving a word of warning, “BE CAREFUL” about racking the slide with a bloc in the trigger guard and if you do look for damage.

Me, I switched to a MIC holster for night stand use; a little more trouble but you can rack the slide with one on W/O damage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trigger 007.JPG 
Views:	915 
Size:	835.6 KB 
ID:	664
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I use the Safe-T-Blocks in all my Glocks when they are loaded with one in the chamber. No need to rack the slide, but this is good to know.

rowabi likes this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Like I said I am in no way downing them, I used one in my night stand gun and I was surprised when the trigger was hanging up then I noticed the damage

If I get time later, I am going to cut the old trigger open to see what part of the trigger broke allowing this to happen and will update this post
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 10-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

RMD
    Sound like the same damage as when you set & squeeze manually (when disassembled). You're right, there's a plastic piece that can be forced upwards and can break.
    i might know something

Thanks for the heads up, it's good info.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    I use the Safe-T-Blocks in all my Glocks when they are loaded with one in the chamber. No need to rack the slide, but this is good to know.
    I've read that the Safe-T-Blocks don't always stay in place. Have you guys had the blocks pop out of the trigger guard when they weren't supposed to?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDude View Post
    I've read that the Safe-T-Blocks don't always stay in place. Have you guys had the blocks pop out of the trigger guard when they weren't supposed to?
    By the way, thanks to the OP for the tip. I hadn't heard about that potential downside.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDude View Post
    I have Safe T Blocks in all of my Glocks, have never had one pop out on its own. There is an adjustment screw that lets you snug the block in for each weapon.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

I never had a problem with the S-T-B until someone else handled the gun. I recommend them to anyone that needs just a little extra peace of mind. I mostly used mine when carrying in a BB or on the night stand

Sponsored Links