question abour standard glock sights

question abour standard glock sights

This is a discussion on question abour standard glock sights within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; so so I've had my first glock for at least 6 months or so and have several range sessions. Glock 26 mainly for CCW. I ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texcowboy

Thread: question abour standard glock sights

  1. #1
    Junior Member chadk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    question abour standard glock sights

    so so I've had my first glock for at least 6 months or so and have several range sessions. Glock 26 mainly for CCW.

    I have a question about lining up glock sights. I believe i know the answer and possibly this has been discussed and possibly even illustrated somewhere.

    So when I put front sight on target, and try to even out with the rear sigh, the bottom of the front sight gets "cut out" of the sight picture below the bottom of the rear "U". or....... Should your front circle sit inside the "U" of the rear sight which seems to make it slightly higher than the rear sights.


    Honestly I'd like to try some aftermarket sights......... I'd have to have them installed. There seem to be good reviews on the XS big dots, but it seems to me that I'd have a hard time placing the gun when the front sight is so big.

  2. #2
    Senior Member barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere under the texas sky
    Posts
    21,518
    because glocks shoot a little high to allow for bullet drop they call it Glock 6 O'clock

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAAF2T2T.jpg 
Views:	15405 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	690
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

  3. #3
    Senior Member texcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas area
    Posts
    3,865
    As far as the Stock Glock sights, just fill the rear sight with the front sight as you are evidently doing.

    As far as the big Dot sights, the rear sight has a Vertical Line that you align the Big Dot on.

    BTW, I put my front sight directly on target.



    rowabi likes this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

    G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

    NRA Life Member.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member chadk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    because glocks shoot a little high to allow for bullet drop they call it Glock 6 O'clock

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAAF2T2T.jpg 
Views:	15405 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	690

    I am fairly certain that with my glock If I alligned the way you have here with the horizontal rails fo the front and back sights alligned that the bottom quarter of the circle (front sight) would be below the lower portion of the rear sight.

  6. #5
    Junior Member chadk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    As far as the Stock Glock sights, just fill the rear sight with the front sight as you are evidently doing.

    As far as the big Dot sights, the rear sight has a Vertical Line that you align the Big Dot on.

    BTW, I put my front sight directly on target.

    i get that you allign the big dot with the verticle line, but it seems like I'm going to try to line up to shoot a quarter sized image with an orange

  7. #6
    Senior Member barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere under the texas sky
    Posts
    21,518
    Quote Originally Posted by chadk View Post
    I am fairly certain that with my glock If I alligned the way you have here with the horizontal rails fo the front and back sights alligned that the bottom quarter of the circle (front sight) would be below the lower portion of the rear sight.


    If it does you have two different sigh sets, sights are a matched set. Are your sites factory and if they are they should give you that sight pic when aligned properly
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

  8. #7
    Senior Member texcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas area
    Posts
    3,865
    Quote Originally Posted by chadk View Post
    i get that you allign the big dot with the verticle line, but it seems like I'm going to try to line up to shoot a quarter sized image with an orange
    Big Dot sights give you a fast sight picture, as far as precision shooting at the range when you have lots of time to align your sights you would be better off with standard type sights. For quick target sighting as in an emergency situation, the big dot sights would work IMHO. Thank God I have not had a real emergency situation to try them on.



    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

    G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

    NRA Life Member.

  9. #8
    RMD
    RMD is offline
    Senior Member RMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,292
    Here's the alignment for the Big Dot:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7787 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	693

    As Tex said, they're made for quick acquisition in SD situations, but I've seen some good longer range shooting with them too (cheesy, but you get the idea):



    And a more instructive one:

    i might know something

  10. #9
    Senior Member rowabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Here's the alignment for the Big Dot:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7787 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	693

    As Tex said, they're made for quick acquisition in SD situations, but I've seen some good longer range shooting with them too (cheesy, but you get the idea):

    Sweet...Thanks for the video...Nice! I wondered about those...



    Last edited by rowabi; 11-02-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    rowabi

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Glock non-night sights—need advice
    By jtsantes in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 07:50 PM
  2. Proper Use of Standard Sights
    By modraker in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
  3. Need Help With Better Standard Sights for Glock 19
    By jtsantes in forum Glock Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM
  4. Glock Vendor and sights
    By Sebastian777 in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
  5. Night Sights for Glock 31
    By JLipps in forum Glock Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 08:35 AM

Search tags for this page

aiming pistol sights
,
glock 43 sight picture
,
glock sight alignment
,

glock sight picture

,
glock sights
,
lining up glock sights
,

sight picture glock

,
standard glock sights
Click on a term to search for related topics.