Extra Magazine for your EDC

This is a discussion on Extra Magazine for your EDC within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Just wondering how many people carry an extra magazine for their EDC, no matter which model Glock it is. I've heard people say they do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Extra Magazine for your EDC

Just wondering how many people carry an extra magazine for their EDC, no matter which model Glock it is. I've heard people say they do carry an extra for ammo capacity, malfunctions, etc. I feel that my 23 has ample capacity for any encounter I might need. But, in the heat of a dangerous encounter, the last thing you would want to do is clear a weapon and reload. I love the 36 because the single stack makes its easy to conceal an extra magazine. Just curious.
    Us Army Attack Helicopter Crew Chief, Retired,
    Disabled Veteran
    Glock 30 Gen 4, DPMS AR15 , Ruger LCR .38 Special, Ruger SR22
    NRA Life Member

While capacity is not a problem, an extra mag makes sense if only from the "failure" standpoint...If your carry mag has an issue, at least you can drop it, and and load the spare... ..only makes sense...with any semi-auto pistol.

Last edited by rowabi; 11-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Yes sir sure do, if I had a crystal ball and could tell the future I could tell if I needed one I would but you can't preempt a gun fight. A mag failure in the middle of a gun fight would be devastating without a change out
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Yup always carry at least 2 extra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

From what I've read by people who write self-defense books, if you need more than a full mag in a deadly encounter, and you're not a soldier or a LEO, you're in WAY over your head and probably need more than a spare mag to get out alive. But, the gun retailers have mags to sell so they'll politely disagree.

It doesent cost a thing to carry an extra mag, so I do just that. I have more than one mag per Glock anyway.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
    From what I've read by people who write self-defense books, if you need more than a full mag in a deadly encounter, and you're not a soldier or a LEO, you're in WAY over your head and probably need more than a spare mag to get out alive. But, the gun retailers have mags to sell so they'll politely disagree.
    What happens if you have a failure or a jam and you have to drop the mag to clear the gun and lose it are you going to going to hold your hand up and ask for a cease-fire? Most of us will never be in a gun battle but I hate to be the one that is and run out of ammo
    This won't happen to most of us but it does happen to someone

Last edited by barstoolguru; 11-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post

While there is some validity in what you're saying, the real issue is not whether you have enough rounds, but what happens if your "carry" mag has an issue...and you're not carrying a spare mag, because "you have enough rounds in your carry mag"
    That which you shared applies to those same soldiers and LEO's as well...they can get in way over their head, too...They just usually have more back up...

Last edited by rowabi; 11-09-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

Thanks for all of the great responses. No doubt I will carry an extra for the 23.
    Us Army Attack Helicopter Crew Chief, Retired,
    Disabled Veteran
    Glock 30 Gen 4, DPMS AR15 , Ruger LCR .38 Special, Ruger SR22
    NRA Life Member

I carry two extra.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links