Dropped by an IDPA match yesterday.....

This is a discussion on Dropped by an IDPA match yesterday..... within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; purely as an observer....this time. I was interested in seeing what guns were being used and how they ran. Here's what I saw: Glocks: Saw ...

purely as an observer....this time. I was interested in seeing what guns were being used and how they ran. Here's what I saw:

Glocks: Saw quite a few...and never saw a single FTF, BTF or FTE. This includes several of the sub-compact models.

1911's: Again, quite a few. Saw a couple of stovepipes, and there was one stock Colt Commander that had a FTF every 2-3 rounds! The surprising thing here was that the shooter was using standard hardball ammo (CCI Blazer with aluminum case). I would bet there was at least a little shooter error here. I can't remember ever seeing a Colt that wouldn't feed hardball. I thought it could have been a bad magazine at first, but it did it with every mag.

SA XDM 3.8: Couple of these in .40. Nasty muzzle blast, along with several jams.

Ruger SR40c: One of these present. Same muzzle blast as the SA guns. I've decided that 9mm's CRACK, .45's BOOM, and compact .40's surpass both of them. Glad I have the 9mm.

It has been years since I have been to one, hard to sit on the side lines and not want to get involved; after all competition breeds leaders. All in all sounds like a good day out to rub elbows with likeminded people
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Been years since I'd been to any match as well. I will be competing starting in January as they shoot a match the second Saturday of each month year 'round. 25 years ago I was a true competitor. Nowadays, I'm old, slow, and sometimes a little shakey, but I don't think I'll embarass myself too badly....

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
    Been years since I'd been to any match as well. I will be competing starting in January as they shoot a match the second Saturday of each month year 'round. 25 years ago I was a true competitor. Nowadays, I'm old, slow, and sometimes a little shakey, but I don't think I'll embarass myself too badly....
    Hey, good for you...Go for it...You might inspire some of us to do likewise...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Sponsored Links