California trigger in my G22

This is a discussion on California trigger in my G22 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just recently bought a gen 3 g22, I took it to my local gun shop yesterday to get a ghost 3.5 lb connector. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1jimmy

Thread: California trigger in my G22

I just recently bought a gen 3 g22, I took it to my local gun shop yesterday to get a ghost 3.5 lb connector. I went ahead and had the tech there install it mainly because he is a certified Glock armoror and I wanted him to look over everything since I bought it used. He started to put the connector in and then he pulls out the trigger assembly and says that my gun had a California trigger in it. So he tells me that the 3.5 connector wasn't really gonna make much of a difference unless I went with a different trigger spring. I went ahead and went with his advice not really knowing. But after he got done that trigger felt 10 times better!! I really like it now, the reset is even better. But I just wanted some opinions on putting a different spring and replacing what I had. I honestly wasn't aware of the whole Cali spring and defiantly don't understand why this guy had one all the way in Missouri. Any thoughts are appreciated!! Thanks!

never heard of california trigger. glock has 3.5 connector, 4.5 pd, 5.5 pd and ny trigger i think 8 pds. if there is a california trigger i am way behind times. glock website list the triggers.
    barstoolguru likes this.

This tech did mention a NY trigger was heavier than the Cali trigger.... But either way I m just going on what he was saying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

no such thing as a cal trigger

we can help but not sure what your looking for.

my dad was a muffler, shock and brake man and I always asked him why and he said that is the biggest market with the least amount of work and people can feel the difference w/o feeling ripped off .
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 12-11-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I am mainly trying to see if replacing the trigger spring was the thing to do to get the best results from that connector? That's was he suggested, was that correct? And as far as the California trigger.. He put a aftermarket spring in but the piece that came out was a spring contained inside of a plastic wedge shape part. Sorry for confusion

if replacing the trigger spring was the thing to do to get the best results
    The trigger spring is a 5 minute job and its $3.00 for the spring. The factory trigger is 5 lbs. (pull backwards) and the new one is 6 lbs. does it make a difference... yes just a little bit but it’s the whole package that makes a difference or each part adds to less’en in the total trigger pull
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Ok that makes sense, but as far as what came out of mine was not just a regular spring. It was a plastic mechanism with a spring. ATTACH=CONFIG]876[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails California trigger in my G22-image.jpg  

RMD
    Might be some 3rd party NY trigger clone. Never seen one before.
    i might know something

that is a NYC trigger spring Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ny-1.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	877

the black is a little lighter OR the one glock offers, sorry not sure but they are close
    The NYC trigger takes the place of the trigger spring. the trigger spring aids in lighting the trigger pull and the NYC does the opposite
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: more info

Sponsored Links