Any thoughts on what to buy.

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on what to buy. within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hi,I have a Gen 4 G19 and plan on purchasing a couple of pistols in the next couple of days. I would like some of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi,I have a Gen 4 G19 and plan on purchasing a couple of pistols in the next couple of days. I would like some of the communities thoughts on this upcoming transaction. I am open to other brands and possibly calibers. One of the guns will be for my son and he like the Smith&Wesson MP format,but I'm sure he would love anything I get for him. As for myself would it be a good idea to stay with 9mm since that is what I have now? (maybe Gen 3 G19?) We would use them for concealed carry and home defense. My G19 can be used for concealed carry but I'll be glad to hear any opinions,THANKS!!

Get the 26 for deeper concealment and u can use ur 19 mags. As far as ur son I'm also interested in the m&p 9 subcompact let us know what u get
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

Thats a thought. I also have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge so the home front is pretty well taken care of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

So many different good ones to choose from. If you want to stay with a Glock then the G19 is a good choice for concealability.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

there is nothing like a 357 magnum and you can shoot 38's and if your wanting another Glock I would lean towards a G23 and then you can swap out barrels with a 9mm
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I had a 686 S&W wheel gun and loved it. I also love the Glock!! The G23 would give you more options like with my old 686.I would practice with 38 wad cutters and keep 357s in it and the speed loaders for other use. It really was not a problem mixing up ammo since it all could be loaded in the dark if needed,of course you would know the difference when fired.

Why not go to a range that rents guns and try a few out? Glocks are my favorite, but I like the Sig's and the Springfield XDM.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

I would like to do that but I live in the sticks. May have to go to Shooters in Jacksonville,my son lives in St.Johns county and his wife says that they carry a wide selection to choose from to shoot. They also sell there too. I just thought I'd get some kind of idea what folks in the community may have tried and like as compared to Glocks. I probably will get myself another Glock but my son seems to think he wants a S&W MP.

Quote Originally Posted by kj4963 View Post
    Why not go to a range that rents guns and try a few out? Glocks are my favorite, but I like the Sig's and the Springfield XDM.
    I myself have never rented a gun; I am not paying 40 bucks + a cleaning fee to shoot a gun. Guns to me are like a new pair of shoes, you try them on and give them time and you will either like them or hate them but either way you can get rid of them for new ones
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    there is nothing like a 357 magnum and you can shoot 38's and if your wanting another Glock I would lean towards a G23 and then you can swap out barrels with a 9mm
    Also, with the Glock 23, you can have a 357 sig by swapping out the barrel. The 357 sig is an incredible round. I would take a 357 sig any day over a 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links