Ported BBL for a Glock29

Ported BBL for a Glock29

This is a discussion on Ported BBL for a Glock29 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I've got a Glock29 on the way and I'm interested in getting a ported barrel to reduce the felt recoil. I'm looking at the lone ...

Ported BBL for a Glock29

I've got a Glock29 on the way and I'm interested in getting a ported barrel to reduce the felt recoil. I'm looking at the lone wolf barrel that extends the barrel length a little bit with two ports out past the slide. Suggestions? , wait, let me fix that, Realistic suggestions? Thanks!

10mm in a subcompact has got to be brutal. You can port it OR go to a lesser round like the .40 or the 357 sig, still enjoy the gun without a doctor’s visit afterword’s
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

i have a 29 and it does give a pretty good kick but nothing you can't manage. what is brutal is the price and availability of ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

People laugh but I always pick my guns by the ammo that is readily available at the country stores. I went hunting a long time ago and lost the ammo and went to the local stop and rob, they had all the popular sizes but no oddballs
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I like both of my 10MMs, the G20SF and the G29SF. The recoil is certainly there and I cant fire as many rounds at a time as I can with my other calibers. I have the pachmeyer slip on grips on both and they do help, but I still get a sore wrist.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

I had a G29SF and with full power loads the recoil was a bit stout, but not uncontrollable by any means. After a while the power novelty wore off I was shooting mind reloads that were just over .40 specs, so I ended up selling it and got a gen4 G23. Made more sense for me... I also had a G20SF that I was more accurate with it was easier to shoot too.

I've never shot a 10mm with a ported barrel, but when I had one for a G22 I didn't notice that much difference.

I had an extended ported barrel on a G30 I had and I could tell a difference but not a real big one. I think an extended ported barrell on a 10mm would make a noticable difference. Now that I am thinking about that, a ported barrel could be my next purchase.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

I also have a G19 and a G20 as well as a G26. I reload the 10mm but not the 9mm as the ammo for the 9mm is cheap, or, at least it was cheap before all this panic buying set in.

Sponsored Links