Don't mess with Texas

Don't mess with Texas

This is a discussion on Don't mess with Texas within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Makes me proud to be a Texan: "The piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Don't mess with Texas

Don't mess with Texas

Makes me proud to be a Texan:

"The piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally," Texas Governor Perry said in a statement. "The Second Amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger," he said. "The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror."

Perry also said prayer can be stronger than laws, imploring: "Above all, let us pray for our children."
    "There is evil prowling in the world — it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds," he said. "As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help."

Perry's comments came after first-term Rep. Steve Toth introduced a bill in the Texas House seeking to ban in the state any federal ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

The bill by the Republican from The Woodlands would allow police officers across the state to arrest federal law enforcement officers who attempt to enforce any such ban in Texas. Toth has since appeared on television stations throughout the state and the country, promoting his legislation.

Read more: Perry: 2nd Amendment trumps Obama, any president - San Antonio Express-News
    Houston_Glock likes this.

I am proud to be a Texan! Not by birth, but by choice. I got here as quick as I could !

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

way to go texans

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Go get em boys!
    G21 - Under Construction

G19 4th Gen - EDC

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Thomas Jefferson..

The spirit of the Alamo lives on

Yes!! I to have family in Texas,but here in Florida it will be hard to pull "a new york minute"!!
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I hope Oklahoma will follow in Texas footsteps and put this into motion as well. Good job Texas!
    Gen 3 Glock 19

Well what he says is the truth. And I am glad to clame Texas as my home now. Moved from Alaska to Texas and have not been disapointed.

Texas had a good turnout at the rally in austin 1-19-2013 some say as much as 1500
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

My wife, daughters and dog were all born in Texas. Something to be said for that Texas spirit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links