Looking for Advice on Safe for New G19 - Page 2

Looking for Advice on Safe for New G19

This is a discussion on Looking for Advice on Safe for New G19 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Any of these small bedside safes can be hacked up. They are good for blocking access to children and keeping owners from handling their firearm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for Advice on Safe for New G19

Any of these small bedside safes can be hacked up. They are good for blocking access to children and keeping owners from handling their firearm while still half asleep. They are not meant to be a 24 hr/day storage unit.
    G19 gen3

I'm a new G19 owner and tackled this subject recently as well. Based on a lot of opinions on this forum and others, it seems to be the conclusion that the bedside lock boxes are not sufficient for securing a weapon from unauthorized access so much as an access deterrent. Meaning, they won't stop someone trying to get to the gun, if they really want to get to it (crooks, determined teen). But it'll slow them down.

I'd recommend getting a house safe for everything so everything is secured when you're away from the weapons, especially if you have older kids in the house (older being anything more than a crawling kid). You can get a decent safe for about $400+. It'll be about the size of a 1 drawer filing cabinet. For quick access at night, have a separate bedside lock box like the one you're looking at. Opinions vary on using biometrics because people report issues with access if the reader is dirty or your fingers are sweaty, etc.

For a lock box, I went with Fas1Safe: FAS1 SAFE, LLC He's on backorder right now, so I'm waiting for it. It'll give me time to think about where to mount it.

There is also the Titan Gun Vault, which is very similar: | TITAN | Gun Safe | Pistol Vault | from Titan Security Products Inc. (Official Website)

My plan is to have the gun in the lock box at night and to transfer it back to the safe when I wake. It's a little bit of a hassle, but after a short time, it'll be like brushing my teeth every morning. I am just not comfortable with the light-grade build of a lock box, for storage of a loaded weapon.

From what I've researched, I decided that a push button combo lock box would be the most fail-safe type of lock. But this is all personal preference and based on what I was able to find and read on the internet and view on Youtube.

But in any decision you make, be sure you cover gun safety with your kids. Mine are still young and we're at the don't touch it and find an adult immediately - stage.

Best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links