Who's taken training courses? - Page 3

Who's taken training courses?

This is a discussion on Who's taken training courses? within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Enjoy your CCW course boys, but leave your guns at home please...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Who's taken training courses?

Enjoy your CCW course boys, but leave your guns at home please

Quote Originally Posted by Schlacht View Post
    So, are you anti CCW, or are you just advocating more training...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I took a CCW class and I have to say it wasn't much but it directed me in a direction I have never been. it opened up my eyes to self-defense laws that I didn't know nothing about since I pretty much did whatever and them worried about the outcome later. Never had the money or time to get "trained" but did watch and learn from others
    Bingo...! Good point...That's what it's supposed to do..."START" you on a path of learning about the laws and responsibilities of carrying...CCW class is not the "end all" of handgun training...I'm sure that many who do those classes really aren't safe...many CCW classes are very minimal...the point is that requiring "something" of an individual can at least open their eyes to the realities of CCW..."stupid is as stupid does" doesn't change for those folks simply because they have a piece of paper...kind of like a HS diploma...kids are walking away from schools after 12 (or more) years, and really aren't ready to graduate...likewise with drivers training...passing it doesn't mean someone needs to drive...but hopefully they learned something about safety, and with practice, they'll get better...I've had CCW in 3 states, and none of them gave me anything but renewed awareness that the Army started in me a while back , along with some responsibility factors pertaining to their states..., and a little range time. Hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

Dub1973 likes this.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Schlacht View Post
    Some courses actually have a range component to them. Those in my opinion are the best ones, especially for new shooters. Just do some research to make sure you find one with a good reputation.

Recent class I took had a range component, taught by a SWAT guy. He did not mess around. He was also a very good instructor. Safety training first - not just physically, but mentally too. It sounds out of the ordinary based on some of the other comments I see on the forum, regarding this topic.

It's one reason I'm against only one change they proposed this year in Texas, to reduce class time and range requirements (yet the topic instruction was to remain the same).

Quote Originally Posted by Brudlbdings View Post
    Some courses actually have a range component to them. Those in my opinion are the best ones, especially for new shooters. Just do some research to make sure you find one with a good reputation.
    I'm not the one looking for it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links