Who's taken training courses?

This is a discussion on Who's taken training courses? within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Who all has taken training courses and with who? What are your thoughts after taking the course?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Who's taken training courses?

Who all has taken training courses and with who? What are your thoughts after taking the course?
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

What courses?

Only the CCW Course. Wasnt impressed.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

CCW course is a joke, I've seen people that finished course and did the most stupid things with guns
    You could find more on the internet about safety
    slickrocktom likes this.

far enough from Asheville, NC to be normal
    I witnessed a few people recently who don't need to handle a weapon. Scared to death of the gun. A few brought old junkers that the instructor refused to let them shoot. A few with so many attachments on their new Sigs,Glocks and XD's that they were overwhelmed.
    Gen 3 G26
    Gen 4 G27 FDE
    Gen 3 G29

I was Air Force security police. I worked my way through college first as an armored car messenger with Brinks and lastly as a security officer at a nuclear power plant. After graduation I went to work as a deputy US Marshal. All the training I got in the military and at Glynco gave me the tools I needed to do those jobs. I believe the average person doesn't get anywhere near the training needed to be prepared to defend themselves.
    Weapons retention, tactics, grappling and most importantly a defensive mindset are all skills necessary to defend yourself successfully. The CCW course isn't meant to train you to be a gunfighter just like drivers Ed won't prepare you to race NASCAR.

I've taken MAG 40 and close range gun fighting from Gabe Suarez. I learned quite a bit in the Suarez course, and it was a refresher on things I hadn't thought of in years. There are lots of good trainers and courses out there. Spend the money, take the time, if the SHTF you'll be glad you did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I took a CCW class and I have to say it wasn't much but it directed me in a direction I have never been. it opened up my eyes to self-defense laws that I didn't know nothing about since I pretty much did whatever and them worried about the outcome later. Never had the money or time to get "trained" but did watch and learn from others
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I have been through the Glock FI school, NRA FI school, NRA LEO FI school, S&W Academy, Sig Academy, a couple Wes Doss courses, a John Farnam course, a Bank Miller course, a couple Strategos International schools, FLETC, state police academy and others. My favorite was the Wes Doss schools but I probably learned the most from Farnam. I would still like to attend Front Sight and Thunder Ranch before I end up behind a desk full time.

I'm taking a Performance Pistol class from Frank Proctor of WayoftheGun.us and I'm really looking forward to it.

Coast To Coast with Frank Proctor - YouTube

That looks like a good course Clay. Lots of training. The night stuff with flashlights is priceless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links