First glock... - Page 2

First glock...

This is a discussion on First glock... within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I lived one full year (2005) for university in Santiago. I also spent many times in valparaiso, Castro and concepcion....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First glock...

I lived one full year (2005) for university in Santiago. I also spent many times in valparaiso, Castro and concepcion.

I too just bought my first Glock after carrying them for years. My is a M22 Gen 4. Shoots tight as hell!!! I love it!!!

All calibers are available in France. From 22LR to 44 magnum, and more ^^. I have not seen someone shooting a 45ACP handgun yet although this caliber is available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Thanks guys for your replies. I go shoot about twice a month. Sometimes three times per month. Of course, at the moment, I borrow the gun from the club. The amount of shooting practice will increase for sure when I own my own pistol. Nothing is more exciting than using your own "baby" to shoot. The gun and yourself, both in a perfect symbiosis.
    The idea of converting barrels is very interesting. 50 bullets of 9mm cost 12€/15€ against 23€/26€ for the same amount of 40S&W caliber. Switching between each caliber without buying a new gun is more economic. Plus we can use each caliber for a specific purpose: 9mm to practice, 40S&W to respond to a situation... Sounds great. (however, in France, we can't use a gun against someone if the menace is not similar. For example, if a guy attacks me with a knife and I shoot him with my glock, I become the attacker and my right to use legitimate defense is canceled. Law is based on egality).

How is ammo availability for 9mm and .40 where you are located? I would choose the more common.

If you cannot find a .40 to try, maybe the 9mm would make more sense to own. When it comes down to needing parts, ammo ,and accessories.... it may be wiser to purchase something that has more available for it.

Welcome! I don't know much about France and it's gun laws. You did mention that getting your hands on a 22 or 23 to shoot would be hard because no one uses that caliber. Does that mean ammo for it may be hard to come by where you live? If 9mm is easier to get and more people shoot it there that may be a better choice. Just a thought, Can't go wrong with a glock though.

Revenge is a poison meant for others, which we end up swallowing ourselves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    |

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonysGlockin23 View Post
    umm you need a slide too^ you just cant buy a barrel i own 9mm 26 and 17 i love my 17
    You may convert calibers going down and not up, for instance to convert a G23 to 9MM you would need a barrel and 9MM mags, but not a complete slide.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

scorbing
    Welcome to the jungle!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links