Glock Vendor and sights

Glock Vendor and sights

This is a discussion on Glock Vendor and sights within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; So I've decided to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4. Currently I'm looking for a good vendor. I'm considering Glockmeister since they will install aftermarket ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock Vendor and sights

So I've decided to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4. Currently I'm looking for a good vendor.

I'm considering Glockmeister since they will install aftermarket sites for free if I buy them and the gun together and then ship it to me. Also it looks like I can get a Glock +2 extension on one of the three mags for only $10. The gun itself is $549. I know other dealers offer the same gun for as low as $529 but the convenience of having the sights installed for free is worth $20 to me.
    GLOCK 19 Gen 4-www.glockmeister.com

Anyone have any feedback on this vendor or can suggest a better one?

Also if I do go with Glockmeister I would be considering the following sights:
    Glock Night Sights ($75)
    TruGlo Fixed Night Sights ($60)
    TruGlo TFO Night Sights ($99)
    Meprolight Fixed Night Sights ($74)
    Trijicon Night Sights ($92)

As far as the sights, I'm looking for something with just a bit more precision than the stock ones. Something good for CC and for the range, thus I'm not really interested in the Big Dot sights. Has anyone used one or more of the sights I listed above?

I like the TFO's and the Trijicons, but like the Trijicon HD ones the best. I do have the regular Trijicon night sights on my G22, and I'm happy with them also.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

Most gun stores will install the sights fee if you by the sights there. My favorite store, Kentucky Outdoorsmen, mounted and bore sighted my scope on my M-77, and they installed the night sights and bore sighted them on my Glock 36 for free. You might want to check out local gun stores and save yourself the shipping fees and if your not a FFL holder, the transfer fees. More money in your pocket equates to more ammo.
    SFC Patrick D. Malley (Ret)

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I don't know about the newer gen. Glocks, but all the Glocks I sold back in the day, if they came with factory night sights, they were always Trijicons.
    PROUD NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

RMD
    I've heard of questionable sight install by them, but it might have been an exception.

If it were me, I'd buy it stock and install myself, but if you prefer to receive with night sights, go with the Glocks or Meps.

I have stock Glock night sights on 3 of my Glocks. They work just fine. I think Tru Glo makes the Glock sights.
    Firearms Instructor

TrueGlo TFO is what I would reccomend. As for Glockmeister, everytime I have tried to order from them the merchandise is out of stock. I finally gave up and scratched them off my list.,

let us know what you decide to do...I'm thinking about the same thing for the same model...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian777 View Post
    So I've decided to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4. Currently I'm looking for a good vendor.

I'm considering Glockmeister since they will install aftermarket sites for free if I buy them and the gun together and then ship it to me. Also it looks like I can get a Glock +2 extension on one of the three mags for only $10. The gun itself is $549. I know other dealers offer the same gun for as low as $529 but the convenience of having the sights installed for free is worth $20 to me.
    GLOCK 19 Gen 4-www.glockmeister.com

Anyone have any feedback on this vendor or can suggest a better one?

Also if I do go with Glockmeister I would be considering the following sights:
    Glock Night Sights ($75)
    TruGlo Fixed Night Sights ($60)
    TruGlo TFO Night Sights ($99)
    Meprolight Fixed Night Sights ($74)
    Trijicon Night Sights ($92)

As far as the sights, I'm looking for something with just a bit more precision than the stock ones. Something good for CC and for the range, thus I'm not really interested in the Big Dot sights. Has anyone used one or more of the sights I listed above?

Have you seen the Zone Reflex (Z-Flex) combat sights?

Quote Originally Posted by rowabi View Post
    let us know what you decide to do...I'm thinking about the same thing for the same model...
    I looked up a lot of reviews on glockmeister. Seems majority of transactions go smoothly, but I saw a couple people have had issues with them being out of stock, and had issues with getting billing discrepancies settled. Then I saw a thread where a guy took a brand new glock to them to have sights installed and got the gun back with scratches on the slide and they refused to fix it.
    I still wasn't completely deterred. I emailed glockmeister on Monday asking them what their satisfaction policy was and a couple of questions about if they test the gun when they put aftermarket sites. While I was satisfied with their answers, it took them 3 business days to reply. That didn't give me high hopes for their customer service. I ended up having a local shop order the gun and ill have sites installed later if I decide I still want to upgrade the sights. Shop told me they would charge $20 to do install.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links