Glock non-night sights—need advice

This is a discussion on Glock non-night sights—need advice within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just joined this forum and am a new Glock 19 owner since January. I need help from you veteran Glock owners. I have been ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just joined this forum and am a new Glock 19 owner since January. I need help from you veteran Glock owners. I have been reading enough about night sights to determine that I don't think I need them. Having said that, the standard Glock sights don't work for me. Does anyone have any recommendations on alternative sights? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

WLR
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0297-picsay.jpg 
Views:	28727 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	104Well I'd get either Meprolight Tritium Night Sights or Big Dot Night Sights. Although you saiClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0294-picsay.jpg 
Views:	18384 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	103d you don't need night sights these are both excellent sights and the bonus is if you need to shoot in low light situations you'll have the ability to do so. Here's how the Meprolight sights look-
    Last edited by WLR; 03-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WLR View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0297-picsay.jpg 
Views:	28727 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	104Well I'd get either Meprolight Tritium Night Sights or Big Dot Night Sights. Although you saiClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0294-picsay.jpg 
Views:	18384 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	103d you don't need night sights these are both excellent sights and the bonus is if you need to shoot in low light situations you'll have the ability to do so. Here's how the Meprolight sights look-
    I agree and i also like a Fiber Optic front sight in red with the stock Glock rear sight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I like the Glock night sights. I think they are made by either Tru-Glo or Mep's, but not sure. I have Trijicon and Mep's on a couple non-Glock firearms.
    Firearms Instructor

welcome jtsantes. For 80 bucks installed you can go wrong with a set of night sites. You may never need them but if you do you will be glad you have them. Most of then made lately have been manufactured to be great in night and day. A few years ago they weren't so good for day shooting. I have at least 1 set from every manufacturer on my handguns. The last ones I bought for my G27 were the Meprolights. I am very satisfied with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A lot of folks like the Big Dots...I'm looking into some fiber optics right now...

I prefer the Trijicons over the Meprolites. All four of my Glocks have them. The rear is kind of like a Novak only shorter and I get a good sight picture. My Beretta 92F and Sig 229 have Meprolites and I just don't care for them as much. My G23 is ready for a new set, and I think I'm going to try the Big Dots on it because my vision isn't what it used to be (sucks getting old) and the large white outlines will help in the daytime,I hope. I also have LaserMax's guide rod lasers on all my glocks. and on my gen 3 mod. 32, since it's the only glock I own with an accessory rail, it has a Surefire tactical light as well. I figure if I cant hit em with the night sight and the laser, at least I can blind em with the light!!
    PROUD NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Trijicons and Novak are definitely the brightest and use the same tubes. Meprolights are not bad for night time visibility but I find they have more day time visibility than the Trijicons as far as the white outline.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!
    Last edited by Yatokederty; 10-10-2014 at 04:32 AM.

TruGlo fiber optic sights are awesome! They give you the standard 3 dot sight picture and will really soak up the light during the day time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links