Used Glock 23

Used Glock 23

This is a discussion on Used Glock 23 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Looking at getting a used Glock 23. Not sure what generation it is. I know itís not a gen 4. Also not sure how old ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mc24
  • 1 Post By driz

Thread: Used Glock 23

Used Glock 23

Looking at getting a used Glock 23. Not sure what generation it is. I know itís not a gen 4. Also not sure how old or how many rounds through it. But itís a Glock so I figure be ok. Anything I should look at to replace or how long does one under normal activity last. Thanks.
    H.Franco likes this.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Look at ads on armslist.com in NC. Deals can be had on 40's. I would make sure whatever you get is a 3 pin frame. Why the hate for the Gen4? Recoil is handled better than the previous generations.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by mc24 View Post
    Looking at getting a used Glock 23. Not sure what generation it is. I know it’s not a gen 4. Also not sure how old or how many rounds through it. But it’s a Glock so I figure be ok. Anything I should look at to replace or how long does one under normal activity last. Thanks.
    If it’s not looking beat to crap it’s probably going to be fine. I bought mine in 1990 for the job. Mines a 1st Gen SN in the 800s . We qualified 4 times / yr always with the hottest stuff the government could get commercially. I carried that thing for 16 years until they made us give up our personally owned guns for the company gun as we called them.
    Mine has been fired a lot obviously . On top of that we got a lot of those hot Hornadys with the weak nickel cases back in the mid 90s . Glocks aren’t fond of weak cases with that notched unsupported chamber bottom I found out many years later I blew the extractor twice at work on the range then again years later with some of the same old leftover Issue rounds. The last time was on me as I had retired so I sent it off to Glock and had them fix it and put night sights on while it was there. They didn’t do anything but install a new extractor each time as far as I could tell which was free .
    In the end in spite of all that it’s tight as one could want and functions perfectly. The finish isn’t even much worn in spite of the many thousands of hours in nylon and plastic retention holster climbing around in and out of cars and trucks . They are sure pretty tough and reliable even the early ones.
    Strangely I found that though the Gen 2 or 3 Glock 17 they issued me in 2006 felt far better in the grip area I shot it much worse. Especially rapid draw and fire I pulled the rounds so far left that some were off the paper. They ended up pushing the sight over as far as it would go and I still always had to be careful to squeeze the trigger . With the 23 I always tried to shoot like I would in a real gunfight. Yank and crank one off as fast as could be possibly drawn and find the sights almost always the first shot on the firing line. I would almost always put it in someplace center mass. I never could come even close with the 17 and I never could figure out why. We just didn’t fit well together I guess.
    The early 23s had one other thing that some don’t like compared to later models. At least with mine you had to forcefully pull the mag out. It’s no big deal just something some folks balk at in LE though it never bothered me.
    rattlegun likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Evidently you haven't checked the newer Gen4 chambers. More support. It maybe on the 3's too. I don't own any 3's.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

If it isn't broken, then it will be fine.
    G22 Gen 4
    Sig P250 .40
    Taurus PT92AF/D
    Taurus PT111 G2
    S&W Bodyguard Crimson Trace .380
    Ruger SR1911
    Winchester 94
    Remington 1100
    Remington Nylon 66
    Bushmaster M4 Patrol Carbine
    Ruger AR556
    Mossgerg Model 535 Tactical

In the form of a decent gun, but it's ugly and deformed inside and out. Gun is packed in a paper bag filled with chocolate, and the result is terrible! Ngalayangkeun failed 100 rings with at least 5 reps. It's clean and lubricating how you have done

Sponsored Links