Not being very knowledgeable about Glocks, I need some help......................

Not being very knowledgeable about Glocks, I need some help......................

This is a discussion on Not being very knowledgeable about Glocks, I need some help...................... within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; While my wife and I carry "baby Glocks" (Model 42's) and I've had a Glock 30 for a long time, I don't shoot Glocks that ...

While my wife and I carry "baby Glocks" (Model 42's) and I've had a Glock 30 for a long time, I don't shoot Glocks that much. I just bought a NIB Glock 22 Gen 4 from a fellow who's wife won it in a raffle. Doing a little research, all the info I could find on it said it comes with three 15 round mags. This one came with three mags, but they are 10 rounders.
    Heck, Glock's own website shows it comes with 15 round mags, "optional 16 and 22". Doesn't even mention 10 round mags.

Furthermore, I was surprised to see that the serial number on the gun consisted of four capital letters followed by "000". I thought this was odd for some reason.

Any enlightenment on what's going on with this gun?

Prob a glock that was designated to a low capacity state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dom42 View Post
    Prob a glock that was designated to a low capacity state.

I've talked to Glock and they are researching that. The entire raffle was conducted in Texas with no indication of the gun coming from anywhere other than a local gunshop. I'm wondering if the gun shop, knowing the gun was going to go to a raffle, didn't pull some shenanigans and swapped out the mags prior to giving it to the raffle? I have no way of knowing that of course. In any event, I've got an inquiry to them and they might swap the mags back.

Also, I'm sure going to be interested in how these 15 round mags work. The ten round mags that are with it fully fill the grip well. Where do those other five rounds go??!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

The 10 round mags have extra plastic molded into sides so it doesn’t double stack as much as the standard capacity

Welcome to my world. When you live in a ban state all you get are 10 round mags. Every gun for sale in Mass has 10 round mags since 1994 made for it, or they wont be legal for sale.
    My guess is a ban state gun ended up in Texas and no one wanted it, so it got entered into the raffle. You can sell the mags to someone in a ban state here on this website or ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Glock 26

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    I bought a G17 G4 in FDE that came with 10rd mags. I forgot what I did with them. 17rds is a good thing................!
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Sponsored Links