DIY Trigger work

DIY Trigger work

This is a discussion on DIY Trigger work within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull ...

DIY Trigger work

Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael86 View Post
    Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull a little.
    Find Johnny Glocks the persona on YouTube to go from mild to wild.

I used some of his techniques on my G43. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but the trigger pull is smoother and the reset is shorter. I did not alter any angles on the trigger bar but I filed/stoned/polished appropriate areas he points out as needing attention. A neat trick on one of his video's is marking the trigger guard with a marker for trigger position before modifications, i.e. take-up/release/reset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Johnny Glock is really knowledgeable, but he gets a bit carried away in some of his mod work for the "minor mod worker".

A must have is a Glock armorer's slide cover plate to enable inspection of the works. I've watched most, if not all of his video's multiple times and I focused on anything he said on "reducing drag". In reviewing my notes I had also added a Ghost Pro Connector for my G43 which is responsible for the reset reduction. In fitting it I found large variation's in the included angle of multiple connectors for different Glocks I have on hand including factory connectors. I settled on 93 degrees for my G43, the Ghost Pro was 99 degrees as delivered.

Sponsored Links