DIY Trigger work

DIY Trigger work

This is a discussion on DIY Trigger work within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull ...

DIY Trigger work

Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael86 View Post
    Just bought a new G22 and want to do very minor trigger mods, can anyone recommend a reliable video, for polishing and lightening the pull a little.
    Find Johnny Glocks the persona on YouTube to go from mild to wild.

I used some of his techniques on my G43. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but the trigger pull is smoother and the reset is shorter. I did not alter any angles on the trigger bar but I filed/stoned/polished appropriate areas he points out as needing attention. A neat trick on one of his video's is marking the trigger guard with a marker for trigger position before modifications, i.e. take-up/release/reset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Johnny Glock is really knowledgeable, but he gets a bit carried away in some of his mod work for the "minor mod worker".

A must have is a Glock armorer's slide cover plate to enable inspection of the works. I've watched most, if not all of his video's multiple times and I focused on anything he said on "reducing drag". In reviewing my notes I had also added a Ghost Pro Connector for my G43 which is responsible for the reset reduction. In fitting it I found large variation's in the included angle of multiple connectors for different Glocks I have on hand including factory connectors. I settled on 93 degrees for my G43, the Ghost Pro was 99 degrees as delivered.

You better watch it, you will shoot an eye out, if you are not careful. Or blow a couple of toes off, so be mindful of that.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; Today at 01:25 PM.

Sponsored Links