Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen - Page 2

Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen

This is a discussion on Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Originally Posted by MisterMills357 The confusing stamps that you see, are from the era of The Clinton Gun Ban, that took place here in America. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    The confusing stamps that you see, are from the era of The Clinton Gun Ban, that took place here in America. The US President and Congress pulled a public relations stunt, and called it a law. It has caused a lot of confusion, and the Restricted stamp meant, that it was Restricted to Law Enforcement and Military.

Civilians supposedly could not buy them, during the 10 year period, that the law was in effect. But, people got around that, and it was easy; because there were so many magazines produced and stockpiled, before the ban. The whole thing was a joke.

The marks that you see, like 9.13.96, are probably dates of manufacture; and that was used to date any high capacity magazines, under the law. Today they are of no use, and add no value.

PS: Here in the US, I can get a used Glock Model 19 for $400 US. There are so many of them, that they are cheap here. I would guess Glock's are the most common gun in America now, they are all over the place. You would like it here, you could walk into any gun store that you liked, and buy what you wanted.

PSS: shoot the gun, and use it, enjoy your time with it.
    Thank you very much for the information MisterMills357.

I am looking forward to learning more about the firearms world.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami View Post
    Thank you very much for the information MisterMills357.

I am looking forward to learning more about the firearms world.
    You are welcome.

Miami,

Hi! I just came back from a wonderful two weeks in Davao City. I never did make it to the Armscor shooting range. Next trip, perhaps. I understand there's an active IDPA competition group in Davao City. Are you anywhere near there?

Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scott_see View Post
    Miami,

Hi! I just came back from a wonderful two weeks in Davao City. I never did make it to the Armscor shooting range. Next trip, perhaps. I understand there's an active IDPA competition group in Davao City. Are you anywhere near there?

Scott

Hi Scott,

Oh I am quite far from Davao City. A plane ride away. I am based in Clark, where the old US Air Base was located.

It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay here in the Philippines. Too many earthquakes happening in Davao though, and the recent eruption of Taal Volcano.

I hope you can visit again soon!

Miami

The frame looks like my Gen.3...
    Semper Fi.

I'm a Democrat and love my guns,that's a fact!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ifithitu View Post
    The frame looks like my Gen.3...
    Hi ifithitu,

Yes I think it is a Gen 3 because of the finger grooves and accessory rails. I was wondering though why mine still has 1 Pin, since Gen 3's have 2 Pins already. Also my rear sights looks big/different compared to Gen 3 sights.

What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links