Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen

This is a discussion on Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hi Guys, So I recently acquired this Glock 17C Austria and I would like to learn more about this particular firearm. It came on a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help in Identifying my Glock Gen

Hi Guys,

So I recently acquired this Glock 17C Austria and I would like to learn more about this particular firearm.

It came on a Tupperware Box, the back sights are quite different from the other Gen 3's that I have seen so far. Also, it comes with 1 pin, instead of 2 pins for a Gen 3, but it does come with the rails that Gen 2's does not have.

Serial starts with "EB".

I hope you guys can tell me more about it.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_194022.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	4.80 MB 
ID:	18699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_194721.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	18701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_195130.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	18703

That frame is a Gen 3 frame. I'm 100% positive on that. Looking at the frame is a good way of identifying Glocks.

The Austria marking is nothing other than where Glock is from. All Glocks have that on it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Very nice gun, and it looks like you have some old magazines,which are roll stamped as "Restricted". They must have been made during that Clinton Gun Ban; that guy was a sorry bastard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nmanzie View Post
    That frame is a Gen 3 frame. I'm 100% positive on that. Looking at the frame is a good way of identifying Glocks.

The Austria marking is nothing other than where Glock is from. All Glocks have that on it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hi nmanzie,

Thank you for the info. I was also wondering how come it only has a single pin, since Gen 3's have 2 pins already, right?

I was also wondering why the back sights are bigger compared to other gen 3's?
    Last edited by Miami; 01-09-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Very nice gun, and it looks like you have some old magazines,which are roll stamped as "Restricted". They must have been made during that Clinton Gun Ban; that guy was a sorry bastard.

Hi MisterMills357,

Thank you very much. It was given to me as a gift and I really like it. Here in the Philippines I was told that Austria-made Glocks are rare/hard to come by compared to USA ones.

And yes, I am curious too about the Restricted stamping on the magazines. What does this mean? Is there something special with them? Are they collectible/rare? I also noticed that others are stamped with "9.13.94" for the date but mine says "9.13.96". Those are the original mags that came with the gun. I was also told that this gun has never been fired since it was bought brand new way back.
    Last edited by Miami; 01-09-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Welcome! Nice Glock. How’s it shoot?
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM
    HK USP TACTICAL 45 / AAC Ti-RANT 45 SILENCER
    COLT GOLD CUP TROPHY STAINLESS 45
    S&W 686+ STAINLESS 357 MAG 4" BARREL

Quote Originally Posted by Miami View Post
    Hi MisterMills357,

Thank you very much. It was given to me as a gift and I really like it. Here in the Philippines I was told that Austria-made Glocks are rare/hard to come by compared to USA ones.

And yes, I am curious too about the Restricted stamping on the magazines. What does this mean? Is there something special with them? Are they collectible/rare? I also noticed that others are stamped with "9.13.94" for the date but mine says "9.13.96". Those are the original mags that came with the gun. I was also told that this gun has never been fired since it was bought brand new way back.
    They shoot them at the factory so yes it was fired :0)
    MisterMills357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    They shoot them at the factory so yes it was fired :0)
    Oh Yeah, except for the factory test fire, I mean! Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Specter6 View Post
    Welcome! Nice Glock. How’s it shoot?
    Thank you Specter6! I haven't found the time yet to take it to the range. I will post an update once I get to finally fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami View Post
    Hi MisterMills357,

The confusing stamps that you see, are from the era of The Clinton Gun Ban, that took place here in America. The US President and Congress pulled a public relations stunt, and called it a law. It has caused a lot of confusion, and the Restricted stamp meant, that it was Restricted to Law Enforcement and Military.

Civilians supposedly could not buy them, during the 10 year period, that the law was in effect. But, people got around that, and it was easy; because there were so many magazines produced and stockpiled, before the ban. The whole thing was a joke.

The marks that you see, like 9.13.96, are probably dates of manufacture; and that was used to date any high capacity magazines, under the law. Today they are of no use, and add no value.

PS: Here in the US, I can get a used Glock Model 19 for $400 US. There are so many of them, that they are cheap here. I would guess Glock's are the most common gun in America now, they are all over the place. You would like it here, you could walk into any gun store that you liked, and buy what you wanted.

PSS: shoot the gun, and use it, enjoy your time with it.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 01-13-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links