New Glock owner...need a little direction

This is a discussion on New Glock owner...need a little direction within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Just purchased my first Glock A 26 and love it..My question is this....What is the preferred ammo round for this weapon....all my 9mm was for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just purchased my first Glock A 26 and love it..My question is this....What is the preferred ammo round for this weapon....all my 9mm was for my LC9 which I sold and was Hornady Critical Defense 115g. This round seems a wee bit light for the 26...someone has suggested Spear Gold Dot 124+p.

I don't have a lot of experience with different loads on ammo so any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
    There are two types of gun owners....responsible one's and irresponsible one's....which are you?

Speer 124+p is excellent ammo
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I carry Federal HST 124 gr HP in my 19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I am not a fan of the 9mm, but I have heard and read from those that are that as LightSaber said Speer 124+p is excellent ammo

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

RMD
    +3 on the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p.

When I carried a G26, I used their "short barrel" version, but either one is good to go.
    i might know something

If u have the Hornady 115 use its good quality ammo if not then Speer is just as good
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Just purchased my first Glock A 26 and love it..My question is this....What is the preferred ammo round for this weapon....all my 9mm was for my LC9 which I sold and was Hornady Critical Defense 115g. This round seems a wee bit light for the 26...someone has suggested Spear Gold Dot 124+p.

I don't have a lot of experience with different loads on ammo so any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
    Just curious, why did you sell the Ruger? I am looking at the LC9 as a "shorts and tee shirts" gun as opposed to my G30S. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by betat View Post
    Just curious, why did you sell the Ruger? I am looking at the LC9 as a "shorts and tee shirts" gun as opposed to my G30S. Thanks.

I can give you my opinion, I just sold my lc9 to get a 26. The lc9 was very comfortable, but it's not much smaller than the 26. The lc9 weighs around 2oz less but the dimensions aren't much different. The lc9 is maybe less than a 1/4 inch shorter in the slide than the 26. The 26 is actually shorter in the grip than lc9, the main difference is the width and we are talking centimeters. So to me the 3extra rounds are worth the minor increase in weight. And also I hated all the safety features of the lc9. And the trigger as well, I actually got it as a gift, don't know if I would have purchased it myself . I will say its a very reliable gun though I put around 400 rounds through it flawlessly, it just wasn't for me
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

In my 26 I use 115g wwb and for self-defense it hornady CD
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by betat View Post
    Sold the LC9 for 3 reasons: first and foremost was the looooooooooong trigger pull....second was the misfeeds and jams....(I can't be worried if a weapon is going to fire when needed)...and third was the short stack Mag.....After trying the Glock-26 the LC9 was dead meat.....
    There are two types of gun owners....responsible one's and irresponsible one's....which are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links