Glock 22 Recoil

Glock 22 Recoil

This is a discussion on Glock 22 Recoil within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just bought a Gen 3 Glock 22. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The gun is very accurate and functions very well. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 22 Recoil

Glock 22 Recoil

I just bought a Gen 3 Glock 22. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The gun is very accurate and functions very well. The one problem I have is the recoil. I was using a Starr-Fire-star 9mm, one of the sales pitch's was the 40 Glock would have less recoil than the Fire-star. I don't think so. My question is, does this just take some getting used to or is there something I can add or change to make it better with out losing knock down power? I was shooting 180 gr. Winchesters. Any thoughts?

your 22 is a good size and weight for any forty caliber. my advice get use to it.
    lineman475 likes this.

Hello and welcome to the forum! The 40 is a snappy little round. More so than pretty much any 9mm loading including 9mm +p. Some people replace the factory recoil spring with tungsten or steel thinking that it may reduce recoil due to the added weight which may be true but in my opinion I prefer to keep Glocks factory stock, other than night sights I say leave them stock. You will get use to it just keep a firm grip up high on the backstrap. Control the gun but don't fight the recoil, just let the recoil do its thing.
    “A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.”
    Proverbs‬ 15:1‬

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

That upward snap recoil is why I do not like the 40cal. After saying that, remember that sensitivity to recoil is very subjective, 40 cal is a popular round. Instead of the 40 cal I have the 10MM which to me has more of a rearward recoil. It all depends on the individual. Not trying to start a caliber war by saying any of this, only my personal feelings.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    That upward snap recoil is why I do not like the 40cal. After saying that, remember that sensitivity to recoil is very subjective, 40 cal is a popular round. Instead of the 40 cal I have the 10MM which to me has more of a rearward recoil. It all depends on the individual. Not trying to start a caliber war by saying any of this, only my personal feelings.
    Very true. For example the 45 to me feels like a baby compared to the 40 recoil. Oh how i love me some 45 shooting haha. I've also found the 40 to have the most muzzle jump out of the 9 40 and 45.
    texcowboy likes this.
    “A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.”
    Proverbs‬ 15:1‬

Thanks to all for the info, Right now I will plan to get used to it. If that doesn't work I will move on to a different caliber maybe. We will do a few hundred rounds and reassess the situation. I do plan to use this for conceal carry (IF THE IDIOTS IN ILLINOIS EVER PASS IT). This being said I would appreciate any thoughts on holsters and such. Thanks again.
    bebop

I wear mine in a cross breed
    G21SF
    G22
    G23
    G18....maybe??
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I remember correctly the Firestar is an all steel weapon. The Glock has a steel slide but the frame is polymer. Even in 9mm, the felt recoil would be greater with the Glock. Then you moved up in caliber to a harsher shooting round.

You have a better gun now than you did before. I don't know anyone who would argue that, but you're going to have to deal with the recoil or change guns and caliber again.

Before you buy a new weapon I'd look for a range where you can try a variety of pistols in the most common defensive calibers.
    texcowboy and bebop like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is a great point about the weight. I even read up on the fact that the Glock weighs less. I will just shoot it a lot and see what happens, I don't want to get rid of it because it is a great gun. Time will tell
    Thanks for the feed back

It's the nature of the beast, get use to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links