Issue with NEW OD Gen 4 26

This is a discussion on Issue with NEW OD Gen 4 26 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hello, Needs some insight. Well I am fairly new to Glocks, kind of funny but swore I would never want one. Well around xmas this ...

Hello,
    Needs some insight. Well I am fairly new to Glocks, kind of funny but swore I would never want one. Well around xmas this year I ended up buying a Gen 4 17, first day shooting it, I LOVED I shortly after that I ended up getting a good deal on a Gen 3 23, then bought a Gen 4 27. Love them all, never had any issue with any of them, no failures of any kind. A couple weeks ago, a local small shop happened to be on the phone and placing an order for some OD gen 4 26s. I told him sign me up. Well got it this weekend and went yesterday to shoot it. But here goes, shot about 150 rounds through it, Winchester White Box, Fiochee, and soem UMC. I had 4 light strikes. This concerns me and not sure what the issue is. It is a Out of the BOX NEW gun.

Help any ideas?

I had the same issues with my G27

I think it is a return to battery issue. In other words the slide isn't going all the way foward. The fireing pin hits but since the the slide is going foward it doesn't get a firm hit because the slide moves foward a fraction when the primer is struck. I had 4 light strikes and two failures to return to battery in my first 75 shots out of my G27 Gen 3 made may of 2013. Good news is that after wiped off the lube and lubed the rails with a light oil and racked the slide about 200 times its has functioned flawlessly. About 100 more rounds down the tube and no light strikes. I think the newer Glocks are a tad tighter on the rails and need a bit of smoothing out with either fireing or just manually working the slide.

Oh another thing you can do to make sure the slide goes into battery is get some "experiance" in the magazine springs. That top round in a very strong magazine sorta acts like a brake to the slide. Load up and then unload your magazines a few times. Leave them loaded for a few days/nights. If your using any rubber grip add on take it off as I think that might also contribute to the failure to return to battery. I think you'll find your light strikes go away with a bit more use like mine did. Good luck and keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by tuckybill View Post
    I think it is a return to battery issue. In other words the slide isn't going all the way foward. The fireing pin hits but since the the slide is going foward it doesn't get a firm hit because the slide moves foward a fraction when the primer is struck. I had 4 light strikes and two failures to return to battery in my first 75 shots out of my G27 Gen 3 made may of 2013. Good news is that after wiped off the lube and lubed the rails with a light oil and racked the slide about 200 times its has functioned flawlessly. About 100 more rounds down the tube and no light strikes. I think the newer Glocks are a tad tighter on the rails and need a bit of smoothing out with either fireing or just manually working the slide.

Oh another thing you can do to make sure the slide goes into battery is get some "experiance" in the magazine springs. That top round in a very strong magazine sorta acts like a brake to the slide. Load up and then unload your magazines a few times. Leave them loaded for a few days/nights. If your using any rubber grip add on take it off as I think that might also contribute to the failure to return to battery. I think you'll find your light strikes go away with a bit more use like mine did. Good luck and keep us informed.
    When I first got my G30 gen4 the mag springs were so tight I could barley put a full mag in and rack the slide. I did what tuckybill said, loaded my mags and let them sit for a few days. Now it works just fine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Don't disagree with anything that tuckybill says, but one quick proviso - run some hot ammo through the pistol. Get some 124 or 147 grain ammo and shoot the snot out of it. I promise that the pistol will settle in and you will have no more problems. Some of the dual RSA pistols have a difficult time with the weak Winchester white box 115 stuff.

Was it with any one ammo? Or all of them?
    “A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.”
    Proverbs‬ 15:1‬

break in is 250 rounds, not saying anything before that
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    break in is 250 rounds, not saying anything before that
    Yup. Or even 500.

Sponsored Links