The Glock In Competition, 2nd edition - my humble review

This is a discussion on The Glock In Competition, 2nd edition - my humble review within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; So I recently purchased my first Glocks and first handguns in several years.... I got a G23 for personal general carry, and a G22 cause ...

So I recently purchased my first Glocks and first handguns in several years.... I got a G23 for personal general carry, and a G22 cause I just liked it. I've always been interested in shooting competition events for fun.

Steel, Practical whatever... I just had so many questions it was killing me.

Then I was referred to "The Glock in Competition" by a fellow shooter and I could not be happier. It has answered 90% of what I wanted to know. Gun suggestions for each type of event... what rounds to use and why etc.

I'm obviously no expert but I would recommend this to new shooters who have lots of questions like me about shooting competition and don't care to spend hours online researching each one.
    You think it’s dead (technically it was before you shot it), one more makes 100% sure.
    Zombieland Rule #2

RMD
    Been thinking about doing the local IPSC. I'm afraid I'll make a fool of myself though

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Been thinking about doing the local IPSC. I'm afraid I'll make a fool of myself though
    Same her man you are not alone.
    G21 - Under Construction

G19 4th Gen - EDC

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Thomas Jefferson..

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trey3 View Post
    Same her man you are not alone.
    Dont be afraid to try it. Most shooters at competitions are very willing to show you the ropes. Just let them know you are new and everyone will help you out.

Even us seasoned shooters were new at one point.

Give it a shot and dont look back, just make sure you have fun, that is what it is all about.

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZTactical View Post
    Dont be afraid to try it. Most shooters at competitions are very willing to show you the ropes. Just let them know you are new and everyone will help you out.

Give it a shot and dont look back, just make sure you have fun, that is what it is all about.
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure I'll end up doing it eventually; I just have to remember it's all about the fun!

I shot IPSC in the mid 70s when 1911s were the only handguns seen in that competition. I enjoyed it, and learned a lot, did my shooting with a Colt Commander that had its share of jams.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by DMZTactical View Post

I will have to look into it. Thanks man.
    G21 - Under Construction

G19 4th Gen - EDC

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Thomas Jefferson..

Sponsored Links