Glock 23 Range Report

Glock 23 Range Report

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Range Report within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; So I finally got out to the range yesterday to shoot my newly aquired Glock 23 Gen 4 in OD green, which I posted a ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By walkbyfaith
  • 1 Post By hoss
  • 2 Post By PSmith
  • 3 Post By walkbyfaith

Thread: Glock 23 Range Report

Glock 23 Range Report

So I finally got out to the range yesterday to shoot my newly aquired Glock 23 Gen 4 in OD green, which I posted a picture of when I first got it. This is also a little review of my thoughts on the new Aimline sights that I installed.

First the gun functioned just as expected. I did have one stove pipe in the second mag through it on the last round. But nothing after that. I ran a total of 200 rounds through it and I really couldnt be happier with this gun. Handles recoild very well, very controlable, and extremely accurate. Which leads me to the sights. Sights are pretty awesome. I shot this gun better than I ever have before...with any gun. Can I contribute this great shooting to the new sights I installed?? Im not entirely sure as I didnt fire it with the stock sights. Though I can say that I have shot several other glocks with the stock sights, and I shot this way better. Sights are very fast, and show a nice tight picture. Very easy to line up the lines, and when you have a steady trigger pull, I hit what I am aiming at. I shot at 25 to 30 feet, and I will attach a photo of 11 rounds fired and only 7 holes showing, so that should tell you how accurate I was with these sights. I got the green green sights and they are awesome. I am looking forward to them coming out with their night sights, which should be out by the end of this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3955.JPG 
Views:	573 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	4200
    PSmith and barstoolguru like this.

Good sights, are always a plus, but you have a fine weapon in that Glock23. I love mine.
    PSmith likes this.
    Love is not because or if. It is in spite of all.

One thing I might add, cleanliness is next to Goodliness. If I shoot my weapon one time, I will clean it before I put it up. I have been told that I was anal like that, but my father thought me to do that and it has always served me.
    Love is not because or if. It is in spite of all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

It’s OK to be anal... it keeps your equipment in top repair and functioning like new.
    Every ‘Sunday’ I clean any weapon shot during the week. Every Sunday I check ‘vital fluids’ of all vehicles, boats and equipment used that week. Taught my kids to do a mandatory weekly fluid check... and they still give me grief because they do it today... 20 years later.
    It’s OK to be anal... sold a boat after using it 10yrs ...for more than I paid for it, because of excellent maintenance. Actually I’ve made profit on my last three boats because I’m anal about maintenance.
    hoss and War_Material like this.
    When seconds count ...police are only minutes away!
    PSmith, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor, retired
    Glock 19c gen 3, Lone Wolf Barrel, Advantage Tactical Sights, ClipDraw
    ~ FREEDOM ~ First, Last and Always...

I do agree with you guys, my guns get cleaned after every range trip. I like to keep my things nice.

we like to hear from happy gun owners, nice shooting
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Nice shooting

My OD Glock 23 is my favorite gun. They are sweet.
    Gen 4 Glock 19
    Gen 4 Glock 23
    S&W Body guard 380
    Taurus TCP 380(my favorite pocket 380 has the nicest trigger of them all) my wife adopted it as her EDC.
    Fausti Traditions over and under 20 gauge.
    Remington Wing Master 12 gauge.
    Browning 12 gauge (passed on to me from my grandpa and his grandpa gave it to him)
    Ruger 10/22
    Saiga 7.62x39 Ak.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    My OD Glock 23 is my favorite gun. They are sweet.
    Same here. My OD Glock 23 (Gen 3) is not only my favorite but its also my EDC.
    Glock: 19C•FDE - 32C - 26OD - 19FDE
    AR15A2 FN Upper / Del-Ton Lower

I would love to carry my g23 more and more but I don't have a good holster yet for summer. Going to order a pj style holster, something minimal so I can carry it more often. I have my pps that I Cary for when I wear more fitted clothing, but I know with the right holster I can easily carry it too. This gun is so awesome to shoot it's hard to leave it at home.

Sponsored Links