Trying to decide...

Trying to decide...

This is a discussion on Trying to decide... within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Until a few months ago I was a 9mm guy. Not because I couldn't handle the recoil of higher calibers, it's just what I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trying to decide...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Wood18Delta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5

    Trying to decide...

    Until a few months ago I was a 9mm guy. Not because I couldn't handle the recoil of higher calibers, it's just what I was farmiliar with, I've shot 9mm's since I was a kid. About 4 months ago I sold my Glock 17 to buy a 30s, and I loved it! And I could shoot it just about as well as my 17. My only issue was feeling the pain in my wallet when going from 9mm to 45acp. I've been saving money, and now I'm ready to buy my next glock. My only problem is that I'm stuck between two... The Glock 19, and the Glock 21... I don't want this to turn into a war of the calibers, but give me honest opinions of the two guns, and the perks of your personal preference. Go!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Amishman44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    2,284
    Welcome aboard Wood! Hope you enjoy your stay here! Glock 30S...you have chosen wisely! I have a 36 and it's fantastic...love it!

    Let's see...Glock 19 9mm is the #1 selling pistol in the world...for obvious reasons! Can't go wrong with that! You already have a G-30S so another .45 makes sense too!

    Since shot placement is the #1 concern and penetration is #2...I'd say get the 19 since you already have a .45...and then get the G-41 .45 for the gun after that!

    Best of luck!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 07-18-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

    ~ Amishman44

  3. #3
    Senior Member barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere under the texas sky
    Posts
    21,518
    welcome and you are not stating what the purpose is
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere under the texas sky
    Posts
    21,518
    Let's see...Glock 19 is the #1 selling pistol in the world...for obvious reasons! Can't go wrong with that! You already have a G-30S so another .45 makes sense!

    a 19 is a 9mm
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

  6. #5
    Senior Member brunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    640
    You could always throw a G23 in the mix then you have even more options such as a 9mm barrel 357Sig or 40 but if you are stuck between the G19 and G21 I would see which one you want first and what you can afford I have glocks in 9mm 40S&W and 45acp my reason being is I change my mind or feel like carrying something different or a different model that being said I have options also I am not really one to lean on one caliber I think they all can do the job however I know when the scare was going on 9mm was hard to get so having 3 calibers leaves plenty of options.
    Amishman44 and Dub1973 like this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Amishman44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brunk View Post
    You could always throw a G23 in the mix then you have even more options such as a 9mm barrel 357Sig or 40 but if you are stuck between the G19 and G21 I would see which one you want first and what you can afford I have glocks in 9mm 40S&W and 45acp my reason being is I change my mind or feel like carrying something different or a different model that being said I have options also I am not really one to lean on one caliber I think they all can do the job however I know when the scare was going on 9mm was hard to get so having 3 calibers leaves plenty of options.
    I have a Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Barrel for my Glock 23...it's accurate as heck!
    brunk likes this.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

    ~ Amishman44

  8. #7
    Senior Member brunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    I have a Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Barrel for my Glock 23...it's accurate as heck!
    Heck yeah and if you are a reloader you can scrounge up some wheel weights or scrap lead and make some cheap practice rounds.

  9. #8
    Member Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    50
    I think the questions that come to mind are the purpose for the new gun? Do you reload? Is the purpose for buying the new gun cheaper shooting?

    If it was me and I didn't reload I think I would take the money that I would spend on a new gun and buy a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrel, and a reloading set up. Then you'll be able to shoot that 45 A LOT cheaper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Junior Member Wood18Delta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it. Basically what I'm looking for is a gun that can serve in multiple roles. I'm young, not married yet, and live alone. I carry on a daily basis, and I also want a gun that can serve as a home defense gun if need be. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the 19, just because I can change up my everyday carry every once in a while and also, I can use the same holsters for the most part. Also, it would be nice to go back to buying 9mm for a bit... Nice for my wallet at least, and they're fun range guns. Or..... I could go for the 21 and have a full size home defense gun, and only worry about buying .45.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Wood18Delta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think the questions that come to mind are the purpose for the new gun? Do you reload? Is the purpose for buying the new gun cheaper shooting?

    If it was me and I didn't reload I think I would take the money that I would spend on a new gun and buy a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrel, and a reloading set up. Then you'll be able to shoot that 45 A LOT cheaper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a bad idea right there^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. ..trying to decide...
    By Whisky in forum Other Firearms
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 06:44 AM
  2. Trying to decide?
    By Hunter5 in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 04:35 PM
  3. Can't decide between a Glock 23 Gen 3 or an M&P 40.
    By NavalOps in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 03:23 AM
  4. Was This Officer Wrong? You Decide
    By scorbing in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 10:21 PM
  5. I cant decide ?
    By acrglock in forum Glock Talk and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 03:29 PM