Trying to decide...

Trying to decide...

This is a discussion on Trying to decide... within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Until a few months ago I was a 9mm guy. Not because I couldn't handle the recoil of higher calibers, it's just what I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trying to decide...

Trying to decide...

Until a few months ago I was a 9mm guy. Not because I couldn't handle the recoil of higher calibers, it's just what I was farmiliar with, I've shot 9mm's since I was a kid. About 4 months ago I sold my Glock 17 to buy a 30s, and I loved it! And I could shoot it just about as well as my 17. My only issue was feeling the pain in my wallet when going from 9mm to 45acp. I've been saving money, and now I'm ready to buy my next glock. My only problem is that I'm stuck between two... The Glock 19, and the Glock 21... I don't want this to turn into a war of the calibers, but give me honest opinions of the two guns, and the perks of your personal preference. Go!

Welcome aboard Wood! Hope you enjoy your stay here! Glock 30S...you have chosen wisely! I have a 36 and it's fantastic...love it!

Let's see...Glock 19 9mm is the #1 selling pistol in the world...for obvious reasons! Can't go wrong with that! You already have a G-30S so another .45 makes sense too!

Since shot placement is the #1 concern and penetration is #2...I'd say get the 19 since you already have a .45...and then get the G-41 .45 for the gun after that!

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 07-18-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

welcome and you are not stating what the purpose is
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Let's see...Glock 19 is the #1 selling pistol in the world...for obvious reasons! Can't go wrong with that! You already have a G-30S so another .45 makes sense!

a 19 is a 9mm
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

You could always throw a G23 in the mix then you have even more options such as a 9mm barrel 357Sig or 40 but if you are stuck between the G19 and G21 I would see which one you want first and what you can afford I have glocks in 9mm 40S&W and 45acp my reason being is I change my mind or feel like carrying something different or a different model that being said I have options also I am not really one to lean on one caliber I think they all can do the job however I know when the scare was going on 9mm was hard to get so having 3 calibers leaves plenty of options.
    Amishman44 and Dub1973 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brunk View Post
    You could always throw a G23 in the mix then you have even more options such as a 9mm barrel 357Sig or 40 but if you are stuck between the G19 and G21 I would see which one you want first and what you can afford I have glocks in 9mm 40S&W and 45acp my reason being is I change my mind or feel like carrying something different or a different model that being said I have options also I am not really one to lean on one caliber I think they all can do the job however I know when the scare was going on 9mm was hard to get so having 3 calibers leaves plenty of options.
    I have a Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Barrel for my Glock 23...it's accurate as heck!
    brunk likes this.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    I have a Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Barrel for my Glock 23...it's accurate as heck!
    Heck yeah and if you are a reloader you can scrounge up some wheel weights or scrap lead and make some cheap practice rounds.

I think the questions that come to mind are the purpose for the new gun? Do you reload? Is the purpose for buying the new gun cheaper shooting?

If it was me and I didn't reload I think I would take the money that I would spend on a new gun and buy a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrel, and a reloading set up. Then you'll be able to shoot that 45 A LOT cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it. Basically what I'm looking for is a gun that can serve in multiple roles. I'm young, not married yet, and live alone. I carry on a daily basis, and I also want a gun that can serve as a home defense gun if need be. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the 19, just because I can change up my everyday carry every once in a while and also, I can use the same holsters for the most part. Also, it would be nice to go back to buying 9mm for a bit... Nice for my wallet at least, and they're fun range guns. Or..... I could go for the 21 and have a full size home defense gun, and only worry about buying .45.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think the questions that come to mind are the purpose for the new gun? Do you reload? Is the purpose for buying the new gun cheaper shooting?

If it was me and I didn't reload I think I would take the money that I would spend on a new gun and buy a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrel, and a reloading set up. Then you'll be able to shoot that 45 A LOT cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a bad idea right there^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links