Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado

Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado

This is a discussion on Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Here is some good information from The SOFREP blog. Did anyone go to the movies this weekend? Did you find yourself reevaluating you seating, checking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado

Lightbulb Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado

Here is some good information from The SOFREP blog.
    Did anyone go to the movies this weekend? Did you find yourself reevaluating you seating, checking for cover/concealment and escape routes. Did you CC? Were there new signs at your theater prohibiting firearms?

There weren't any changes that I noticed in the way our theater functioned. We normally have 2-4 police officer on scene at the theater every weekend and this was no different. However, I did go to an earlier movie and they did do a sweep to check the fire doors prior to the movie starting.

It seems we become so complacent in our everyday lives even since 9/11. I don't usually get above a condition yellow because I live, work and shop in a safe community and I found myself slumping into a condition white when I was at the movies. I noticed it more so this weekend because I was in a higher state of alertness due to the tragic events of Friday. I do always CC at 2 weapons so that didn't change. I did modify my seat selection for vantage point and overlook and/or suppression and egress from the row so I wouldn't be trapped and could move. I thought more tactically as to what I could do if something were to happen and the LEO's in the lobby couldn't make it in. There were only 2 exits from the theater I was in. One was the fire exit and the other the main exit so that limits the path of egress of about 300 people from the theater. I thought about way to distract and confuse the perp or perps to move more people out of the theater faster and safer. I believe it's safe to say that unless you are dead a condition white no longer has a place in our society.
    FPW823 and rowabi like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It has been years since I have been to a movie at a theater, I wait and watch them on DVD or Satellite. However, whereever i go I sit facing the entrance and I do notice where the exits are located and of course I am always armed.
    The problem as I remember of theaters are the exits, at least the non-fire ones, everyone lined up moving slowly to get out.
    I saw on TV where in Dallas there were LEOs assigned to the Dark Knight showings, but not in Fort Worth.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Now I have a good reason to use Piracy. It seems to be much safer than actually going to the movie theatre. I can't remember the last movie I went to see. Its been a loooooong time!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

This is interesting. I'm a mom of 6 and my husband and I both conceal carry. Whenever we go anywhere we are both casing out the place, noticing exits and making sure we cover each others back. We've practiced what we'd do if some maniac decided to take out his anxiety ridden fantasies on the innocent and it includes who moved the kids to safety and who covers the escape. We practice this with our kids all the time. We're not celebrities, we don't have body guards, but those 6 little people in our care are the most important people around to us, and we've taken it so seriously that there are places we will not go with the kids because nothing is worth the risk. Are we overly child-focused? No, I don't think so. We train ourselves and we train our kids because one day (soon) the goo's gonna hit the fan, and then it will be too late to prepare.

Hope you are all doing the same with your loved ones.

I went to barN this weekend to a big popular theater that is LeT's crowded and it was dead. It is located inside a give mall with a Bass pro shop. I saw that everybody was at the gun counters at bps elbow to elbow .
    HAPPINESS IS NIGHT SIGHTS ON YOUR NIGHTSTAND !

Quote Originally Posted by madralf76 View Post
    I went to barN this weekend to a big popular theater that is LeT's crowded and it was dead. It is located inside a give mall with a Bass pro shop. I saw that everybody was at the gun counters at bps elbow to elbow .
    I heard this morning that gun sales in CO are up from Friday 41%. Yeah let's see them try to push a gun control agenda. More and more people are learning that they are the front line to their own protection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good article, ZK...Sad that we've come to the place we have in this country...not supposed to be this way...Having said that, we have to realize that when we look in the mirror, you are ultimately looking at the person responsible for your safety... We like to say cutsie little stuff like "I carry because I can", "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy", "when seconds count, cops are only minutes away"...so cliche`...but true...you have to figure out where you come down on that line of responsibility, and how much of it you're willing to accept, and then walk it out...RESPONSIBLY...knowing how to properly defend yourself.. physically, legally, and morally... Military trained, yes...Navy Seal, No...but I have enough sense to know that I want my back to a wall, near an exit, able to see the entrance...No guarantees here, just a little more of an advantage. So sad that we have to think like this...We need to wake up, people... This ain't Mayberry, Gomer... !

Pardon my rant...it just bugs me to see this world in such a sick state...and getting worse...

Last edited by rowabi; 07-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

ZK, some good points in that article...One that I think most of us tend to neglect, is the one about a strong flashlight...Taking steps to correct that one...I have some great lights, but I don't always have one on my person...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

Wondering if anyone was armed in that theater is that a ccw state ,, im surprised he was even taken alive

Quote Originally Posted by GODAWGS View Post
    Wondering if anyone was armed in that theater is that a ccw state ,, im surprised he was even taken alive
    I had heard that there was a City ordinance against CC. I don't remember where I saw the report but I know it wasn't ABC so it has a greater chance of being true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links