newby confused.

newby confused.

This is a discussion on newby confused. within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I cleaned my g42 yesterday and for the first time I did a full disassembly. I didnt have a bit of trouble following the instructions ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: newby confused.

newby confused.

I cleaned my g42 yesterday and for the first time I did a full disassembly. I didnt have a bit of trouble following the instructions on youtube. Now today, I tried a little dry fire and unless I am very deliberate in racking the slide it does not seem to be resetting the trigger every time. Any suggestions happily received with thanks.
    Last edited by oldfart64; 04-30-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Did you take the internals out or do just a simply field cleaning.
    “In proper hands, the Glock serves just as well as the 1911 - at conversational distances. And such distances are the rule in defensive combat.”

- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by cpippen View Post
    Did you take the internals out or do just a simply field cleaning.
    I was sure he said "full disassembly."
    oldfart64 likes this.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I was sure he said "full disassembly."
    He (I) did say full disassembly.
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I would start by checking to make sure everything is in the correct places. Making sure to especially check the connector to make sure it is in place and properly functioning.
    oldfart64 likes this.
    “In proper hands, the Glock serves just as well as the 1911 - at conversational distances. And such distances are the rule in defensive combat.”

- Jeff Cooper

Also perhaps remove all the parts again and re oil them. Then rack it about 100-150 times and see if it gets any better. I know that sounds dumb but sometimes it works.
    oldfart64 likes this.

- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by cpippen View Post
    Also perhaps remove all the parts again and re oil them. Then rack it about 100-150 times and see if it gets any better. I know that sounds dumb but sometimes it works.
    Thanks cpippen, I did not re lube before reassembly because everyone here seems to say glocks only need to have 6 drops of lube. Seems a little conflicted to me (but I am a glock newby)
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

You will hear both ways. Glocks do need lubing just not as much as most of your other pistols.
    oldfart64 likes this.

- Jeff Cooper

this has nothing to do with lubing the gun, its clear something didn't do back together right. me: I would disassemble it again and put to back together and see if it works correctly. not knowing the workings of the 42 ( they are a little different then other Glocks) I would venture to say the firing pin is not seating on the trigger bar so I would put some effort into looking at the connector and seeing if its bent or not aliened right
    oldfart64 likes this.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this has nothing to do with lubing the gun, its clear something didn't do back together right. me: I would disassemble it again and put to back together and see if it works correctly. not knowing the workings of the 42 ( they are a little different then other Glocks) I would venture to say the firing pin is not seating on the trigger bar so I would put some effort into looking at the connector and seeing if its bent or not aliened right
    thanks, you and cpippen! I appreciate the help!
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links