Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!!

Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!!

This is a discussion on Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!! within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Today I took my new 43 to the range and on my 3 rd magazine it failed to go into full battery, so I bumped ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 313Glock
  • 1 Post By Specter6

Thread: Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!!

Junior Member guntotinBiblequotin's Avatar

Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!!

Today I took my new 43 to the range and on my 3 rd magazine it failed to go into full battery, so I bumped it a couple of times. It jammed. Not only would it not fire, the slide would not move back so as to eject the shell. I removed the mag and attempted to remove the slide and it would not come off. The slide will move back about 1/2" and when I attempt to release the slide it will slide forward about 1/2". It is stuck. How do I get the slide off and remove the jammed shell?

Problems(defects) are more likely to happen with first run Glock guns. It has happened with the Gen4's and the G42 when introduced and now finding flaws with the G43. This a first on the G43 having this malfunction posted on this site. If no one replies back wait till Tuesday and give Glock a call. Wish you luck!
    Last edited by Specter6; 05-23-2015 at 07:41 PM.
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM
    HK USP TACTICAL 45 / AAC Ti-RANT 45 SILENCER
    COLT GOLD CUP TROPHY STAINLESS 45
    S&W 686+ STAINLESS 357 MAG 4" BARREL

Dude...That's Cold.

Hard to believe ya can't rack that slide back, and the ejector won't pop that puppy out.
    Sorry to hear that. I know how something like that on a new gun can really bum ya out. Let us know how ya fixed it.
    I'd maby take it to the shop ya bought it from...see what they had to say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Just curious, are you shooting reloads? Sounds like you might have a round that was not sized properly stuck in the chamber. Is the trigger stuck forward and will not pull? Take it to a Glock armorer and get him to remove the slide plate and striker assembly. Did you pull the trigger and the weapon not fire because it was so far out of battery? Is your RSA stock? Sometimes the RSA will unseat if using an aftermarket part. Lots of scenarios here, be careful if you are dealing with a hot weapon!

Glock 43 Jam HELP!!!!

Grab the slide by the serrations and ram the web of your shooting hand into the cradle of the frame as hard as you can until it unjams. Or vice down the slide (use wood or thick cardboard not a bare vice or you'll mess up the slide) and push the frame forward toward the muzzle as hard as you can.

What happened is your round probably caught the extractor wrong and the casing is now wedged hard against the frame, extractor and slide. Brute force will get it out. Don't worry the casing won't hurt the frame or slide. It's just brass.

If you're not comfortable with this give it to a gunsmith to do it for you.

This can happen with any gun. Don't despair. Learn how to fix it yourself and it'll never intimidate you again.
    Bazzer likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I tried using the heal of my hand to ram the slide into full battery and I tried to use my body weight to force the slide forward. I am pretty stout and brute force did not work. I finally was able to move the slide back far enough to get a small flat head screw driver behind the shell and force it forward enough for the slide to go forward and I was able rack the slide back and extract the shell. I do reload and the shell was slightly enlarged at the bottom. We use a Dillon 650XL and have reloaded thousands without mishap. I did learn a lesson on how to remove and jammed shell. It is still scary working on a gun with a live round in it. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by guntotinBiblequotin View Post
    I do reload and the shell was slightly enlarged at the bottom.
    Glock doesn't recommend reloads...Factory ammo only! Voids warranty as well. Biggest reason I only shoot factory boxed ammo.
    Bazzer likes this.
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM

So they say, but when you shoot as much as I do, factory boxed ammo is not an option. We are also very particular about our reloading...but you are correct. It is not recommended. I also use semi fitted barrels on most of my Glocks when shooting at the range, as well. These barrels are tighter than the factory barrels and we have had few issues with our reloads, even using the Lone Wolf and BarSto barrels. Thanks for the input.

Glad you got your G43 cleared! Good shooting!
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM

Look up phase 3 Glock malfunction, N.Y.P.D. on the Internet. Your problem sounds familiar and is troubling.

Sponsored Links