Locked up G23 with a G35 barrel

This is a discussion on Locked up G23 with a G35 barrel within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Did something very stupid...had both G35 and G23 broken down and cleaning. I wanted to see what the 35 barrel would look like on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Locked up G23 with a G35 barrel

Did something very stupid...had both G35 and G23 broken down and cleaning. I wanted to see what the 35 barrel would look like on the 23 slide & frame. Of course the gun is locked up now and I cannot get the slide to more forward to release off of the lower receiver. I have to keep the trigger pulled get the slide to move at all, but it's hung-up on something and will not go forward enough to release the slide from the receiver. HELP?

There will be someone along soon to help you, we had another situation not too long ago where somone put a longer barrell in a shorter frame.
    And Welcome to the Forum !!

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

The slide has to move backwards to get the slide lock to release the slide. I am guessing because I can't see what you did but have you tried to take the trigger pin out to release the pressure on the underside of the slide. I can only assume it is the trigger bar stopping the slide from moving
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Got it...had to remove the rear slide plate, release the firing pin, then the whole slide slid forward and off the lower. I'm thinking I did not have the spring on the bottom notch before I assembled.
    Thanks for the reply.
    ZombieKiller57 likes this.

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by apollozcreed View Post
    Got it...had to remove the rear slide plate, release the firing pin, then the whole slide slid forward and off the lower. I'm thinking I did not have the spring on the bottom notch before I assembled.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Welcome!

I've done something like that before where I forgot the put the spring in :-)
    i might know something

so how did you remove the rear plate while still on the gun ?
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    so how did you remove the rear plate while still on the gun ?
    In my case (no spring inside), I could move the slide backwards just enough to reach the spacer sleeve & take pressure off the cover plate.

In class, the instructor showed us a way to remove the plate from the back using one of the openings. I haven't tried it, but it looked like a handy trick.
    ZombieKiller57 likes this.
    i might know something

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    In my case (no spring inside), I could move the slide backwards just enough to reach the spacer sleeve & take pressure off the cover plate.

In class, the instructor showed us a way to remove the plate from the back using one of the openings. I haven't tried it, but it looked like a handy trick.
    Had an issue with mine one day and had to do the same thing. It's easy as long as you can get to the sleeve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post

I can see that this would be possible through the whole to the right (looking at the gun from the rear) but this would take a specialized tool or made one that was extremely strong and very small bend at the tip. I know they sell a half plate so you can work on the insides with the gun assembled.

You mentioned the spring assembly not being in the gun. Without it the gun won't disassemble the regular way? Mine won't go together unless the spring is in the proper place and have never had the pleasure of putting it together without the spring

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Had an issue with mine one day and had to do the same thing. It's easy as long as you can get to the sleeve.
    what happened?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links