Glock 43 .25 trigger job - advice about safety plunger difference?

This is a discussion on Glock 43 .25 trigger job - advice about safety plunger difference? within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Recently replaced my connector with a Ghost Edge. Noticeable difference and I highly recommend it. But when doing my trigger job polishing I noticed that ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By downeyg
  • 1 Post By harold63
  • 1 Post By MisterMills357

Thread: Glock 43 .25 trigger job - advice about safety plunger difference?

Recently replaced my connector with a Ghost Edge. Noticeable difference and I highly recommend it.

But when doing my trigger job polishing I noticed that the 43 safety plunger is quite a different shape than used on others.
    HTML Code:
    https://aegisacademy.com/community/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Glock-Safety-Plunger-Comparison.jp
    Does anyone have any advice on how to treat/polish it? I just left it alone.

BTW after the new connector was in the trigger polishing job didn't make any noticeable difference for me.

JWR
    The 43 was purposely built as a dedicated carry peace, meaning it even has a heavier trigger pull than all other Glocks. Not even the 42 was so purposely built as the 43 was. That's why it took them so long to get it out.
    The fear most have always had carrying a Glock is not having any external safeties and light enough trigger pull that if not safety minded can get you hurt.

I don't know what your intent was or is but you may have bought the wrong Glock for your intended purpose.
    That 43 is like my snubby, carry it often shoot it little. And don't mess with it.

Dont pay any attention to the nonsense above ^. All Glocks are made to be carried and the few 42s ive fired had much stiffer triggers then my 43. Carry it alot and shoot it ALOT. I dont bother with connectors or trigger jobs anymore but to each his own. I would leave the safety plunger unpolished, especially since youve seen no benefit to polishing the other parts.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, guys, and I respect both your opinions. After using a number of 9mm Glocks - 17,19,34 - when I got my 43 it obviously had a trigger pull I didn't like and that threw me off at the range. Was considering trading it for another like a 26 but gave the edge connector a try which made it much better for me - not necessarily lighter, just better. People seem to report a wide variety of how their 43 triggers feel.

And, i agree, that since I haven't noticed any further difference from polishing that I'll probably just leave the safety plunger alone. Just curious about it having never seen this different plunger until with this model.

I agree with not messing with the trigger on a defensive weapon. First, I have seen way to many postings here about trigger issues with altered guns. Second, give no extra ammo to attorneys for civil suits, if you have to use deadly force against someone. I now work in the court system and let me tell you, everyone is sue-happy and attorneys are more than willing to oblige them. Third, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the trigger is that bad, reconsider your choice of a particular pistol. I have never fired a Glock that had a trigger bad enough to handicap my shooting abilities. We are not talking target guns here, they are Glocks. A Glock is a do-all defensive pistol that is more than capable of getting the job done, as-is. If you want a target gun, buy one. My Dan Wesson 1911 Heritage will run circles around any Glock on the target range. When it comes to a defensive need, the Heritage stays home and the Glock goes with me because reliability is my number one concern.

Now, I know that I will get all kinds of flack about altered triggers being acceptable. That is Ok, if you want to refine the trigger on your defensive pistol then do so at your own peril. I know I will never loose sleep over an altered gun, and that works for me.
    Last edited by downeyg; 01-03-2016 at 10:52 PM.
    rover likes this.

The issue with the trigger polish with some people is they just shine up the burrs that cause stacking and drag. You have to get rid of the burrs without altering the edges that have an intended purpose. It's impossible to not feel a difference when a 25 cent trigger job is done, correctly, and the plunger is part of that process. It is a tedious process to do it, correctly, but the reward is worth it. Nothing like a trigger with no stacking, even if it is 6 or 7 lbs.
    Mike_50 likes this.
    Gen 3 G21 Gen 4 G17/34/35/37/41 G36/38

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    The 43 was purposely built as a dedicated carry peace, meaning it even has a heavier trigger pull than all other Glocks. Not even the 42 was so purposely built as the 43 was. That's why it took them so long to get it out.
    The fear most have always had carrying a Glock is not having any external safeties and light enough trigger pull that if not safety minded can get you hurt.

I don't know what your intent was or is but you may have bought the wrong Glock for your intended purpose.
    That 43 is like my snubby, carry it often shoot it little. And don't mess with it.
    Is this all factual or is it your opinion? I mean, you seem. to have some insider kind of insight. True? Not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by druryj01 View Post
    Is this all factual or is it your opinion? I mean, you seem. to have some insider kind of insight. True? Not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Self-made expert!

For over 50 years as military, LEO or personal defense, I just go by the old rule I was taught by..."If you pull the gun out of the holster, you intend to shoot it to defend your life". Polished internals....trigger jobs....connectors......... A 3 pound or a 7 pound trigger makes no difference if you do that. The right Glock for the job? Although I am new to Glocks, I intend to shoot it like I do my other firearms. My EDC is a range gun at least twice a month for the last 25-50 rds I fire at the target with the ammo I carry. That way I stay focused on it, and not different firearms when I carry. I get to clean, and inspect in depth my EDC often this way too.
    Last edited by Mike_50; 10-24-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_50 View Post
    For over 50 years as military, LEO or personal defense, I just go by the old rule I was taught by..."If you pull the gun out of the holster, you intend to shoot it to defend your life". Polished internals....trigger jobs....connectors......... A 3 pound or a 7 pound trigger makes no difference if you do that. The right Glock for the job? Although I am new to Glocks, I intend to shoot it like I do my other firearms. My EDC is a range gun at least twice a month for the last 25-50 rds I fire at the target with the ammo I carry. That way I stay focused on it, and not different firearms when I carry. I get to clean, and inspect in depth my EDC often this way too.
    Sound advice, and keep writing opinions, this place can use it. Me personally, I have pulled a gun and not fired it, on a few occasions; and on other occasions, I did fire it.
    I ended up getting evicted from a housing project, but I put some bullets into the ground, and I made my point.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 10-24-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Mike_50 likes this.

Sponsored Links