Glock 20SF Slide and Ejector Problem

This is a discussion on Glock 20SF Slide and Ejector Problem within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I wanted to see if anyone else had a Glock 20SF and whether they ran into these issues below. I was able to find one ...

I wanted to see if anyone else had a Glock 20SF and whether they ran into these issues below. I was able to find one forum from back in 2011 that someone started that mentioned them.

When I picked up the 20SF, I looked under the slide and noticed there was 'wear' or a slight scratch to the side of the stripper rail (this would be the side of the Ejector). It went all the way from the back of the slide to the barrel. I didn't think anything of it and the salesperson stated that it was fine. When I tried to put the slide back on at the store, I couldn't rack it all the way back to properly set the slide. I have a Glock 29 and 23, so I have experience with this. But for some reason the slide wouldn't rack all the way back. I asked the salesperson to help, but he didn't want to touch it. I'm guessing it's because they don't want to be liable for anything? I stood there for a good 10 minutes trying to get it. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Finally, I was able to get it. How? I'm not even sure. I was pretty close to not even accepting it and getting my money back.

Took it home and started looking at it again. Same issue. I went online to look at some Youtube videos to see if this was a known issue. I found a video of someone taking a 20SF apart and putting it back together. He had mentioned that the Firing Pin Safety need to be pushed in and you have to make sure the Firing Pin was pushed forward in order for the slide to be put back on properly. (I thought this was automatically set) I followed his steps and I was able to rack the slide back each time. (although I haven't had to do this with my 19 or 23).

I also had to slightly lift the slide up and over the Ejector because it was hitting the back of the slide as I tried to rack it all the way back. I noticed the Ejector was at a slight angle up which is why it's hitting the back of the slide when I'm putting it back on.

I called Glock and they said that it was normal for all that. They said the 'wear' would stop eventually. Has anyone else ran into these issues and/or the wear on the slide? Am I supposed to be lifting the slide over the Ejector?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G20SFa.jpg 
Views:	1107 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	8012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G20SFb.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	8013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G20SFc.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	802.2 KB 
ID:	8014 The wear would be over the Ejector. I have attached a few pictures.

I don't have a 20SF, but do have a 19, 40mos, 29, 30S, and have had 26s and 19s in the past. So in regards to the firing pin safety, I had never experienced what you are until I got my 29g4 and 40mos. None of my other Glocks have that issue. In regards to your ejector, it does look like it is bent upwards. I literally just took my G29 slide off to compare, and it doesn't have an upturn like you're describing, and took a closer look at my slide and see slight wear from ejector on the slide. I'd just shoot it, but you should not have to lift the slide over the ejector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jollyrogers; 01-29-2016 at 05:25 PM.

That does look normal if its in tight. They are very easy to replace.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links