Gen 5 Glock 19 - “damaged/chipped” crown?

Gen 5 Glock 19 - “damaged/chipped” crown?

This is a discussion on Gen 5 Glock 19 - “damaged/chipped” crown? within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hello, Recently I purchased a Gen 5 Glock 19. Today (first time at a shooting range) after approx. 200 FMJ & 10 Hornady Critical Duty ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NunquamNonParatus

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 19 - “damaged/chipped” crown?

Question Gen 5 Glock 19 - “damaged/chipped” crown?

Hello,

Recently I purchased a Gen 5 Glock 19. Today (first time at a shooting range) after approx. 200 FMJ & 10 Hornady Critical Duty 135 Grain) I noticed that the crown of the barrel is “damaged/chipped”, or just missing “paint”? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190617_181216.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	18553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190617_181225.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	18555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190617_181324.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	18557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190617_181349.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	18559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190617_181406.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	18561

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    If it isn't touching the rifling it is simply asthetic. Sent the pics to Glock yet? I have 2 Glocks with crooked sights. One the rear sight is odd (gen5-26)

At second glance have Glock fix it with a new barrel!
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

It ain't supposed to look like that, and Glock firearms has ruined its reputation by allowing garbage to leave its factory.
    Sometimes it is the finish, and sometimes it is the crown of the barrel; but they screw up a lot of guns now. I will bet that Gaston Glock must be out of the loop these days.

He had a stroke.
    Glock suffered a stroke in 2012 according to Josh Dorsey of Glock, Inc. of Smyrna, Georgia.
    Well that figures, he must not run operations anymore.
    https://www.biographies.net/biograph...glock/m/0404m6

I wonder how may people have gone over to the Springfield XD, because of QC problems at Glock? A few, or a bunch?
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 06-21-2019 at 11:10 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    It ain't supposed to look like that, and Glock firearms has ruined its reputation by allowing garbage to leave its factory.
    Sometimes it is the finish, and sometimes it is the crown of the barrel; but they screw up a lot of guns now. I will bet that Gaston Glock must be out of the loop these days.

He had a stroke.
    Well that figures, he must not run operations anymore.
    https://www.biographies.net/biograph...glock/m/0404m6

I wonder how may people have gone over to the Springfield XD, because of QC problems at Glock? A few, or a bunch?
    It was the hookers that stroked him! I am not impressed with any of the Springfields. BIL has one and nobody can hit the broad side of a barn with it. It's a real turd.
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    It was the hookers that stroked him! I am not impressed with any of the Springfields. BIL has one and nobody can hit the broad side of a barn with it. It's a real turd.
    That is good to know, because I have read raving reviews, and I have read ones like yours. It is hard to know what to think about any gun now-a-days; because it seems like everyone is taking liberties.
    And the companies seem to rely on the warranty returns, instead of inspecting the guns at the factory; and that is their QC.

One of those internet gurus says there is a rod in the grip safety that breaks. I think this is the video..............

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    One of those internet gurus says there is a rod in the grip safety that breaks. I think this is the video..............

He may know what he is talking about, but the XD Forum has a lot of members, and they love their guns. Maybe I will post this over there, and ruffle some feathers; or cause some heart attacks. That would make my day: but me personally, I would try one and give it a chance.
    https://www.xdtalk.com/find-new/27889153/posts
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 06-25-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    He may know what he is talking about, but the XD Forum has a lot of members, and they love their guns. Maybe I will post this over there, and ruffle some feathers; or cause some heart attacks. That would make my day: but me personally, I would try one and give it a chance.
    https://www.xdtalk.com/find-new/27889153/posts
    And so does the Hi-Point forum. You point? My cousin doesn't like Glocks. He's a XD guy...................

Sponsored Links