Brand new Glock 26 Gen 3 FTF + Not Cycling Properly

This is a discussion on Brand new Glock 26 Gen 3 FTF + Not Cycling Properly within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just bought a Glock 26 gen 3. Took it out and put 100 rounds through it and experienced 6 failure to feeds. Upon inspection ...

I just bought a Glock 26 gen 3. Took it out and put 100 rounds through it and experienced 6 failure to feeds. Upon inspection of each live round that jammed, the tip of the bullet was shaved as if it was getting pushed up into the top of the barrel and getting stuck. Because this was the first time shooting my brand new Glock (Blazer Brass 115 grain) I took it back to the store and explained my issue. I showed them the 6 rounds from the FTF and he said "oh you have a serious problem here" and told me to bring the gun in. When I brought it in the next day, a different employee took my Glock and told me that Glocks "never malfunction" and they never have to be sent in under warranty. He then told me it had to be my grip which I was open minded to as this is my first Glock. He agreed to take it to the range and test fire it to be sure it wasn't malfunctioning. The very next day, less than 24 hours later I get a call from them saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with my Glock and to come pick it up so they can go over proper grip. I did just that. They showed me the isometric hold, explained that the gun will not cycle properly if it is held incorrectly, etc.. I thanked them and took it down to the range to implement EXACTLY what they showed me. Also note that I am not an expert markswoman, however I grew up shooting guns and know the basics plus a little extra. I have shot plenty of semi-auto pistols and have NEVER had an issue with a limp wrist or incorrect grip. When I took it down to the range, I brought my dad with me to fire the gun as well as he has extensive experience and knowledge of firearms. I ran 100 rounds of PMC 115 grain as well as 100 rounds of the same Blazer Brass 115 grain which was recommended by the gun store. THE GLOCK MALFUNCTIONED OVER 20 TIMES. Each malfunction was exactly the same as what I was experiencing the first time. My grip was solid, my wrists were tight. My aim was near perfect. I am at a loss as to what the issue is. I was optimistic that with grip correction I would have a perfectly functioning Glock but here's the kicker... My dad experienced this as well. To top it off, before purchasing my G 26, I took my co-worker's G 26 gen 3 to the range and put about 50 rounds through her's ZERO ISSUES. If it were a grip issue, wouldn't I have the same malfunction when shooting any G 26? The second issue is that my Glock isn't locking back after the last round is fired. To test the mags, I put each of my empty magazines in and pulled the slide back. It locked just fine with both mags. I am at a loss here and would appreciate any suggestions. I will be taking the Glock back to the store again today but I feel because I am a young female they assume I don't know what the fuck I am talking about... or at least that is how they come across. I am open minded to any helpful advice. I tried to attach videos of me firing the gun which shows the malfunction, however it won't upload. Ill try and attach them to a comment.

Picture of a Picture of one FTF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 8-10-19 at 2.54 PM #2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	18597

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    This is the worst place you can go for advise on Glocks. As you may have noticed it's pretty much all spammers. Got to https://glock.pro/forum.php multiple Glock armorers over there. Gunstores suck for the most part. It's mechanical. Things go wrong, they turn out lemons. I have a G19 that has a different type of jam. I need to buy a new extractor and see if that fixes it. I have 2 19's. I own 10 or 11 Glocks now. All run fine except for that one. It has been to 2 different armorers. Safety plunger with 2-300rds through it was all messed up and had shavings on it from the original machining.

I would like to blame the ammo, but you have used 2 different brands. I was wondering if the overall length is the problem. Chamber out of spec(?) not sure. Hard to tell. Go to the other site. Glock Talk is garbage.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

My Glock 26 did have some fail to feeds during the first 300 rounds which is a normal break in period. Nothing to the extent of yours ..not 20 times...maybe 5 or 6 times.
    I would try some more ammo. Buy different boxes of 50 by different brands and see if anything changes? Try some hot ammo. 9mm NATO or +P ammo. Glocks run good on hotter ammo imo
    Also clean the gun and wipe clean the magazines before firing. Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Glock 26

Sponsored Links