G43 JHP feed issues when slingshotting

This is a discussion on G43 JHP feed issues when slingshotting within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Having issues with my Glock 43 feeding in the first round when I slingshot it into the chamber. If I lock the slide open and ...

Having issues with my Glock 43 feeding in the first round when I slingshot it into the chamber. If I lock the slide open and then use slide stop to load first round it works fine. Slingshotting it almost seems to get stuck on the bottom of the ramp. If I smack the back of the slide most times it will go into battery fine. I cleaned the ramp so that shouldn’t be the issues.I’m using Hornady Critical Defense. It does not have this issue with the OEM 6 round mag. Only on the +2 taran tactical mag.

I shot a mag of the stuff through yesterday and it shot fine. It is just the initial slingshot on occasion that causes it. Is this normal?

Also mention it works much better if I just add one round instead of 2 into the mag extension

It’s a spring issue. My G43 wouldn’t reliably cycle with Pierce Grip extensions. I ended up just going back to factory mags and have had no problems.
    “In proper hands, the Glock serves just as well as the 1911 - at conversational distances. And such distances are the rule in defensive combat.”

- Jeff Cooper

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

If it works when releasing the slide with the slide stop lever but jams when releasing slingshot - you are most likely not cleanly releasing the slide from your hand. But instead “walking” the slide forward a little causing it to lose some force from the spring tension.

The jam is not happening at the ramp but rather from the back of the round not being able to slide up the face of the slide behind the extractor. It’s not uncommon for the extractor to be a little tight on a new gun. Yours may be just borderline and when the slide loses some force when you slingshot it sticks. This will loosen up with usage - the entire problem will likely go away after a couple hundred practice rounds through the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glock Advanced Certified Armorer
    Glock 500 Club
    NRA Certified Instructor

Sponsored Links