Glock 17 Gen 4 pin difficult to 'punch' out

This is a discussion on Glock 17 Gen 4 pin difficult to 'punch' out within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hello. First post. I've got an upgraded slide release to install. I've removed the slide, and the smaller pin came out fairly easy. The larger ...

Hello. First post.
    I've got an upgraded slide release to install.
    I've removed the slide, and the smaller pin came out fairly easy.
    The larger size pin that goes through the slide release mechanism is giving me trouble.
    I've tried a 1/8" punch from the left side of gun and have given it what I consider to be a fairly good tap with a hammer, but the pin won't budge.

I decided to stop, and ask here before hitting it any harder.

Any thoughts? I purchased the gun new probably 5 years ago and have never removed this pin.

Thanks !
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by newman0912 View Post
    Hello. First post.
    I've got an upgraded slide release to install.
    I've removed the slide, and the smaller pin came out fairly easy.
    The larger size pin that goes through the slide release mechanism is giving me trouble.
    I've tried a 1/8" punch from the left side of gun and have given it what I consider to be a fairly good tap with a hammer, but the pin won't budge.

I decided to stop, and ask here before hitting it any harder.

Any thoughts? I purchased the gun new probably 5 years ago and have never removed this pin.

Thanks !
    Wayne
    I'd say welcome....but there's nobody on this piece of shit site anymore. It use to be the best site on the web until these assholes took it over and let it go to shit with nothing but fuxking advertisers. Put a little Break Free on it and let it sit overnight. Then tap it again. I'll bet it comes out. https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cl.../dp/B08424N374

Here. Try this site. There's actual people that talk to eachother over there....http://theboresite.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

Sponsored Links