Slide released when mag inserted

This is a discussion on Slide released when mag inserted within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; G19 Gen 4. I was at the range Sunday and after the slide locked back on an empty mag I inserted a loaded mag and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G19 Gen 4. I was at the range Sunday and after the slide locked back on an empty mag I inserted a loaded mag and the slide released loading one in the chamber. It happened on a subsequent reload as well. I insert mags with a good snap but nothing extreme, at least I didn't think. I have changed the slide release to an extended but it happened with the original as well a while back. When I insert them NICE and EASY it doesn't happen.

What do you guys think. Am I being too aggressive when inserting or does it sound like a problem? Anyone else experienced this?
    G19 Gen 4
    S&W 638

his will happen when you slam a mag into the th mag well and cause the release to jump and because you replaced the slide release; make sure you insured it proper
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I'm sure it's installed properly. It just doesn't seem like I was that aggressive when inserting the mag and as stated it happened with the original release as well. Guess I'll be a little easier when inserting the mag.

Thanks
    G19 Gen 4
    S&W 638

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

that is perfectly normal and happens not just on glocks but smiths too.

Some people actually like it when the pistol auto launches. But, it's not designed to do that as you know. Couple of things here, if the pistol is put back together correctly, the slide stop spring might be a little weak. Since you have changed the slide stop, the slide stop notch in the slide probably needs to be recut a little. Easy fix!

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Some people actually like it when the pistol auto launches. But, it's not designed to do that as you know. Couple of things here, if the pistol is put back together correctly, the slide stop spring might be a little weak. Since you have changed the slide stop, the slide stop notch in the slide probably needs to be recut a little. Easy fix!
    agreed; as I said some will put the slide stop back in and either damage the wire spring or insert it wrong and not get the wire below the pin
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Sounds like it's not that unusual then so that makes me feel better. Since it did the same thing with the original slide I am leaning towards the recut of the notch rover suggested. Although I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly and the spring isn't damaged, I am pretty new to the process so I might run it by the local gun smith and make sure all is good.

Thanks for the info!
    G19 Gen 4
    S&W 638

it's normal

I found out my 19 does it also. I was at the range shooting this weekend and discovered it. I think I was really slamming those mags home haha. I can't get it to do it by inserting the mag gently or somewhat harshly. Only when I really give it a good slam.
    “A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.”
    Proverbs‬ 15:1‬

After reading the replies and talking to others it sounds pretty normal. My last trip the range Tues I took it a little easier and no release. Next trip I'm going to try to get it to happen just for grins.
    G19 Gen 4
    S&W 638

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links