Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed - Page 2

Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Originally Posted by texcowboy A lot of expertise on this Forum ! I am lost with the inner workings, if I pull the trigger and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    A lot of expertise on this Forum ! I am lost with the inner workings, if I pull the trigger and it doesent go bang I do a couple of basic checks and then head for the gunsmith.
    Hey-hey...so I'm not the only one, lol...
    rsparkyc...Glad ya got it working...and welcome to the forum...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Thanks, now if I could only remember to put the slide lock in the right way so the slide doesn't try to come off while it's in the holster...

Cleaned out my gun and had the problem happen again. This time I noticed when I disassembled my slide to inspect what was going on was that the striker safety spring got stuck sideways inside of the slide. I pulled it out and reassembled it and now it's working again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Beyond my field strip and cleaning thats all i do
    texcowboy likes this.

Yes that striker spring will go sideways often when reassembling. With the slide removed, just push the plunger with your finger and it is pretty easy to tell if it is not in straight.

You weren't in Spec Ops were you? Seems you've been misinformed, but Wow, you've come to the right place. We can help steer you to the good folks at Glock who would love to see your pistol and help get it right... We've just had a couple of fellows go thru some problems, and Glock even replaced one of their pistols. They do stand behind their guns, and I've never known them to blame anybody else for something that wasn't their fault...Did you say you got that Glock19 (the most popular pistol in the country right now) from a crack dealer? Which generation is the pistol...? Don't throw it in the junk drawer, it can be fixed...Meanwhile, just carry one of those other pistols, in case you have to "pull iron"...So what other brands do you have?.. And by the way, though you complained a lot, you never did say what the problem was with your Glock...
    Maybe someone here could help ya...You mentioned jammng...is that the problem with yours, or are you just "reading about it?"

Last edited by rowabi; 09-29-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    texcowboy likes this.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Hmmm...sounds familiar...my mind's just zigging and zagging trying to figure out what the problem could be...
    And that "Kalashnikov"...that was a ChiCom version, right?..You probably wanted a dependable version, huh? So you could get that mission done...Wouldn't blame you for not wanting a weapon that didn't work...never know when you might have to pull iron on a VC...Which make M16 did you have?...Did they really have buffalo chips in Vietnam in the olden days?
    Hey, I'm sure Glock would be banging on your door, begging to make things right if they weren't so busy trying to catch up on the 600,000 guns they're behind in production...due to demand around the world for the best pistol on the market...But as soon as they catch up, they might come by...Hope it works out for ya...

Last edited by rowabi; 09-29-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    ArmyCobra1 likes this.

rowabi

A Glock 19 is your most expensive pistol? My G19 has yet to "jam", in fact it is the most sold handgun of all Glocks. You might want to do your rant on GT.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

BTW, didnt it make your fellow soldiers nervous when they heard the distinctive sound of an AK-47 close by? I have always heard that "Friendly fire isnt friendly". We are trying very hard to keep this Forum a friendly one, unfortunatly some replies to posts such as yours have to be dealt with.
    I urge the regular posters to keep an eye out for trolls and posers. They are easy to spot.

rowabi and ArmyCobra1 like this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    BTW, didnt it make your fellow soldiers nervous when they heard the distinctive sound of an AK-47 close by? I have always heard that "Friendly fire isnt friendly". We are trying very hard to keep this Forum a friendly one, unfortunatly some replies to posts such as yours have to be dealt with.
    I urge the regular posters to keep an eye out for trolls and posers. They are easy to spot.
    Yep...so true! And apparently it is "troll" season...... they sound a lot like this...
    I remember back in WW ll...flying into a hot LZ, I felt like it was taking too long, so I went ahead and tightened the harness of my 'chute, took the lead, and jumped out of that jumbo 757 at 22,000 feet... That day, I set an example for my guys, and they all jumped out behind me...None of our chutes opened, but as luck would have it, we all landed on the side of a snow covered mountain, and slid the last 5,400 ft down the slope to safety...just to find ourselves surrounded by angry VC...We showed 'em just what we were made of...we all drew our Glock 18's, and we destroyed them all...Some local Texas Rangers picked us up, and gave us a ride back to our unit. We were able to show off our special forces expertise, and the rangers were really impressed. I later ran for president, and was elected, and served 6 straight terms...But as fate would have it, I still longed for the special forces action, and declined another term in office, just to feel the rush of wind while riding on camel back in places so secret, I just can't talk about it...gotta go for now...just got a "load up" alert to a mission so secret...well, I'll just tell you this...it's some really deep stuff...'bye for now...It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it...
    Mall ninjas..ya gotta love 'em..well, maybe not, lol......

Just a little laugh to start your weekend...Have a great one...And remember..."Rock your Glock"..

Last edited by rowabi; 09-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    texcowboy likes this.

rowabi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links