Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I've fired my Gen4 19 about 1000 times so far and love it. After doing a full strip, clean, and re-assembly last night, I noticed ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

Question Glock 19 Gen4 not fully cycling when trigger is depressed

I've fired my Gen4 19 about 1000 times so far and love it. After doing a full strip, clean, and re-assembly last night, I noticed that the slide would not fully cycle with the trigger depressed. It hangs up on the last 1/4 inch. As I release the trigger, the slide returns to where it should be. I thought maybe it was the recoil spring, but even if I try to move the slide forward by hand (with the trigger still depressed), it will not go fully forward until I release the trigger.

Ideas?

RMD
    Welcome, rsparkyc.

When you say "full" strip, do you mean field or detail?

detail. I've detail stripped it about 4 times with no incident. I know it's not recommended, but I really do enjoy doing it, and it makes it a lot easier to clean.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I've attached 2 images showing what I'm talking about:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0201.jpg 
Views:	2273 
Size:	958.9 KB 
ID:	411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0202.jpg 
Views:	12912 
Size:	1,010.5 KB 
ID:	412

Quote Originally Posted by rsparkyc View Post
    I've attached 2 images showing what I'm talking about:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0201.jpg 
Views:	2273 
Size:	958.9 KB 
ID:	411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0202.jpg 
Views:	12912 
Size:	1,010.5 KB 
ID:	412
    My first thought is the pin in the striker safety is not properly seated or not installed. This could cause the trigger bar to hang up on the safety rather than allowing it to slide up so the slide will go back into battery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    My first thought is the pin in the striker safety is not properly seated or not installed. This could cause the trigger bar to hang up on the safety rather than allowing it to slide up so the slide will go back into battery
    I took the striker out thinking that was the problem, but didn't think to look at the striker safety. I know it's installed, and with the trigger depressed I can hear the striker moving up and down the slide, but I'll double check it tonight. It almost seams as if the striker is getting hung up as it tries to get pulled to the rear of the slide, however I can pull it back manually both when the slide is locked in the rear position as well as when the gun is field stripped.

I took the striker out thinking that was the problem, but didn't think to look at the striker safety. I know it's installed, and with the trigger depressed I can hear the striker moving up and down the slide, but I'll double check it tonight. It almost seams as if the striker is getting hung up as it tries to get pulled to the rear of the slide, however I can pull it back manually both when the slide is locked in the rear position as well as when the gun is field stripped.
    Couple other things I can think of off the top of my head that could cause what you see would be,
    1. the Slide Lock may be out of alignment or the spring may not set properly
    2. the Trigger spring may not have been re-installed properly causing the sear to hang when the slide tries to return to battery

I just noticed that in my previous post that the word 'Spring' sprung out of the post. what I was trying to reference was the 'striker safety spring'. Sorry about that. Make sure that it is seated properly inside the striker safety.
    Last edited by ZombieKiller57; 07-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A lot of expertise on this Forum ! I am lost with the inner workings, if I pull the trigger and it doesent go bang I do a couple of basic checks and then head for the gunsmith.

GODAWGS and rowabi like this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

So I went home last night and disassembled the slide, and when I put it back together things started working properly again. I'm not sure if the striker safety spring was out of whack or what, but the slide now returns to battery with the trigger fully depressed.

Thanks guys!

So I went home last night and disassembled the slide, and when I put it back together things started working properly again. I'm not sure if the striker safety spring was out of whack or what, but the slide now returns to battery with the trigger fully depressed.

Thanks guys!
    That spring is a little tricky. When the spring is inserted back into the striker safety it needs to snap into place, if it doesn't then it can get wonkey (nice technical word) and cause problems. Glad it's back to normal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links