Concealed Carry - Glock 22 / Suggestions - Page 2

Concealed Carry - Glock 22 / Suggestions

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry - Glock 22 / Suggestions within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Originally Posted by shupe13 I conceal carry a G22 daily. I'm 5'10, 185. My waist is 32" so I don't have a large area to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry - Glock 22 / Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by shupe13 View Post
    I conceal carry a G22 daily. I'm 5'10, 185. My waist is 32" so I don't have a large area to work with. Proper holster and carry position is the key. I prefer Crossbreed types and I like the Galco Triton too. I find the 4 o'clock position the best for me. Obviously my FS Glock can't be carried as deep as my Shield but is quite concealable.

That's about where I carry as well, or close to the 3 o'clock, but I think it's my holster that is keeping me from being able to conceal properly. The holster is comfortable and holds the G22 in pretty well, but its just the conceal ability isn't good. Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by salvo View Post
    im also in florida I carry a g19 (the 9mm compact equivalent to 23) its definatley easier to conceal then the fullsize but not super concealable either. If I were u I would keep the fullsize for home defense and range use then purchase a 23 for carry and something like a shield in 40 for summer carry. if ur budget doesn't allow for that I would sell the fullsize and replace with the 23 as the 23 is perfect size for multipurpose then buy a shield later for summer carry
    Yeah, I think I'm going to save for the g23. It seems to be the most recommended weapon for conceal. That and the g27. Have you had any experience with shoulder holsters, or holsters with tac light compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazime View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm going to save for the g23. It seems to be the most recommended weapon for conceal. That and the g27. Have you had any experience with shoulder holsters, or holsters with tac light compatibility?
    I will say that I owned the 23 before the 19 and I HATED the " snap " associated with the compact .40... I'm just saying...
    Know what you buy BEFORE you buy it. I don't know about you but money is not easy to come by for me. Smaller the gun, smaller the bullet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Isn't the only difference between the 23 and the 19 is that one is the 23 being a smaller .40 and the 19 being a smaller 9mm? I don't have that much money and saving up for one is what I plan on doing, but I haven't really heard anything bad about the 23 really. What is the "snap" you speak of? I haven't heard anything to that regard.

The 23 and 19 are identical only difference is one is 9mm and the other is 40 cal. I don't like the 40 thats why i chose the 19. If ur considering both buy the 23 now and a 9mm conversion barrel later. You can change ur 40 to a 9 but not vice versa
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

Quote Originally Posted by Hazime View Post
    Isn't the only difference between the 23 and the 19 is that one is the 23 being a smaller .40 and the 19 being a smaller 9mm? I don't have that much money and saving up for one is what I plan on doing, but I haven't really heard anything bad about the 23 really. What is the "snap" you speak of? I haven't heard anything to that regard.
    IMO the 23 isn't comfortable to shoot. I was referring to the recoil/bite of the .40 round in the 23 when I said "snap". My follow up shots were sub par compared to the 9mm too.

What's crazy to me is that the 30 (.45 ) is a smoother shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by salvo View Post
    The 23 and 19 are identical only difference is one is 9mm and the other is 40 cal. I don't like the 40 thats why i chose the 19. If ur considering both buy the 23 now and a 9mm conversion barrel later. You can change ur 40 to a 9 but not vice versa
    I like the 9mm and the .40 equally, but I figured since I already own the glock 22 buying ammo and swapping mags would be so much simpler keeping a .40 cal weapon. The conversion was just an idea I saw and I'm not sure I'd do it, but I want to know how they shoot and how they conceal. I've shot the .40 g22 the most out of any weapon so, I'm wondering from other posts if shooting a g23, although its a .40, is much different than shooting a g22.

Hmm.. that is weird and that's something I don't want to have to experience after I buy the gun. I need to test shoot these first then. That is strange is the barrel length different in the 22 and the 23 or is it just because the grip is smaller it may be harder to control? Also, if the 23 wasn't comfortable, but the 9mm was, you could do a barrel conversion from the glock 23 .40 to a 9mm barrel and swap mags as well.

Maybe consider appendix carry? Just a thought. I carry that way and I'm 5'11 and 180-85 depending on the season.

I've been carrying in a KRounds appendix holster for almost two years. Did it with a Sig P250 and that's a thick pistol. I never worry about it printing and I only use small adjustments for when I sit or bend over and the strut/loop decision they made helps the holster cant ever so slightly so it's not jabbing me in places I don't want.

Think about it. Might not be for you. I've done my 22 that way, my chopped 22, a 19 when I had one, and like mentioned the Sig.

Chris

I've carried a g22 in a zacks holster and never really had a problem if I canted the butt forward. I'm only 5'8" so the realestate is limited

sent via snail mail

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links