Future Glock owner from Virginia!

This is a discussion on Future Glock owner from Virginia! within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Hi all, Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm relatively new to shooting and am especially new to handguns and Glocks. I have always been ...

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm relatively new to shooting and am especially new to handguns and Glocks. I have always been interested in guns and the sport of shooting, and I am finally making the plunge into my first firearm purchase in a few weeks. I have talked to a lot of people and have read online, and the only handguns I have ever fired are a Glock 17 & 19, gen3. I have my eye on either a G17 or 19, gen4. I was planning on buying one of them from a local gunshop (Nova Armament), priced around $550 I believe.

I should also add that I am scheduled to take a basic handgun safety/education course from the NRA in a few weeks to further my knowledge.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice to offer, please feel free! I'm looking forward to being a new Glock owner soon and am excited to continue learning more from all of you experienced ones out there!

RMD
    Sounds like you've got a good plan. Great choice in first pistol (I'd go with the G19 as it would be easier to carry) and training.

Will you be CC'ing?

Hi RMD - thanks for the reply!

I plan on CC'ing eventually...but I am currently focused more on getting comfortable with a handgun, as I am a complete amateur. For this reason, I have been told that the G17 would be the best choice because it is an accurate gun to get started shooting with and to build all of the fundamentals.

I'm torn though because I am also seeing people absolutely rave about their G19s, and being a guy fresh out of college, I am on a pretty tight budget so it would be nice to also buy a gun that I could carry to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. So many choices!!

Have you or anyone else shot a G19 gen 4? I shot the gen 3 and liked it but I am aware of the changes in the gen 4 and have read some mixed reviews.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Get the Glock 19 and consider the Glock 26, which is the Baby Glock, if you intend of carrying. The G19 is considered a perfect thing and I really love the size of my Glock 23, which is the same form factor of the 19. You'll never regret it.

The G23 was too big for me. The G26 is perfect for CCW. And it takes the magazines from a G19 and G17, so you don't lose out at all.

Plus, the baby is as reliable as the G19 and G17 and people really love them, especially for carry. I love mine, and it is a Gen 4.

19...but check out a few of them...

Welcome, you will love the Glock !

Welcome to the party pal. SOunds like you are doing it right. THe issues surrounding Gen 4's were early in the rollout. They centered around recoil springs being too stiff and the extractor. Glock reacted quickly to identify and fix the problem. A Gen 4 will shoot just as accurately as a previous Generation.

Don't let the "internet" rule or ruin reality. People whine and complain on the net about issues, but rarely do those same people acknowldege resolution to their problem.
    Firearms Instructor

welcome from Virginia themeadow21. Where are you located?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links