Old gunner new to the forum - Page 2

Old gunner new to the forum

This is a discussion on Old gunner new to the forum within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Welcome to the Forum! I change sights on my Glocks, I especially like the red fiber optic front sight, I also have the 3.5# connectors, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Welcome to the Forum! I change sights on my Glocks, I especially like the red fiber optic front sight, I also have the 3.5# connectors, grip plugs (just cause I like the way they look and I use the SafeTBlok.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

welcome to the forum Loco. Going with the 23 is a good path to take if you plan on CC. The 22 is also a great gun but does add a little length and weight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello and welcome to the community!!
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Forum!

Greetings from Arizona.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, makes me all warm and fuzzy on these cool Alabama nights. I will investigate the current list of suggestions, including the question over reloads in regards to overcrimping the bullet in the case. I would ask if this advice is given because of an issue with Glock pistols in particular regarding reloads or if this is a general suggestion as incorrect reloading techniques can create dangerous situations if performed by inexperienced reloaders?

Thanks again for the advice so far, and please, continue. If you happen to see my name on a specific question thread please comment.

-Loco

Quote Originally Posted by locomoconomo View Post
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome, makes me all warm and fuzzy on these cool Alabama nights. I will investigate the current list of suggestions, including the question over reloads in regards to overcrimping the bullet in the case. I would ask if this advice is given because of an issue with Glock pistols in particular regarding reloads or if this is a general suggestion as incorrect reloading techniques can create dangerous situations if performed by inexperienced reloaders?

Thanks again for the advice so far, and please, continue. If you happen to see my name on a specific question thread please comment.

-Loco
    Actually both, I had found a video of a man explaining how a KB happens when reloads are used in an auto and I went back and dug it up so you can watch it

Last edited by barstoolguru; 01-23-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Thanks Barstool, that was very informative. I hope everybody that reloads straight walled cases, or any ammunition type pays a great deal of attention to crimping and headspace. I will certainly take great care when loading out .40 rounds for my own, and my wifes use. The man whom I acquired all of the reloading supplies from was first and foremost a hand gunner and while he preferred the 1911 .45 he enjoyed his HK USP in .357 Sig as well. He taught me a great deal about the dangers of over crimping straight walled cases as well as the importance of head spacing. I would also agree that buying reloads from any source is a roll of the dice. If you know the reloader and you have valid reason to trust their product than I would not hesitate, but buying blind at gun shows or locally is just not something I'm willing to put my life or the life of my family on.

Again, thanks for digging up that video. The presenter did an excellent job of describing the failure mode he experienced and why.

-Loco

Welcome frome NY!
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Walther p22
    Walther p99

''I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6 friend's''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links