New gun owner - Page 3

New gun owner

This is a discussion on New gun owner within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Nice NName, I'm hoping to get into law enforcement, just got my bachelor's degree in december. A lot of the departments use the .40 around ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New gun owner

Nice NName, I'm hoping to get into law enforcement, just got my bachelor's degree in december. A lot of the departments use the .40 around here so I figured it'd be a good one to start with.
    Semper Fortis

And it'll be around in LE for a long time...good luck

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Welcome to the club, I just recently purchased your gun's big brother a gen4 G22.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=Kj89;27065]As I said i would update with a range trip. Well, I just got back from firing my new Gen 4 G23 at the range. Burrrr it was cold, but I couldn't wait any longer. Gun shot great as expected it would, no malfunctions at all, not a bad kick either. Target was at 25 yards (I'm doubting that distance because it seemed a lot further than 25, took over 50 paces to reach it). Semi new to shooting, so take it easy on me, lol. Missed a bunch but did have some good hits.

Hey good job, at least you got a few on paper at 25 yards! That's a fairly long distance for target shooting starting out with a pistol. Congrats on the G23!

Quote Originally Posted by like2angle View Post
    Hi All,

I am not a new gun owner but I just got my first Glock, a used G17 Gen 2 with night sights. I got a good price on it and with today's craziness in the gun market I am pleased with my purchase. after only 50 rounds through it I was surprised how accurately I was able to shoot this gun.

I do have a couple of questions for any more experienced Glock owners who might be of assistance.
    1. The rear night sights are a little dim. Should I replace the night sights with new ones, have Glock stock sites installed or just stick with the existing night sights? I do most of my shooting at the range in day light.

2. The trigger does have some travel before it "breaks" and there is a slight soft spot just before the break, sort of like a double action revolver fired single action. This condition was causing me to flinch so I installed the Ghost 3 1/2 trigger connector which smoothed out the trigger pull but there is a lot of finger movement before the gun fires. I believe this is typical of all Glocks and I look forward to what ever advice I might receive.

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forum from NW Florida!! Seems like you got yourself a good one!!
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Kj89 View Post
    Nice NName, I'm hoping to get into law enforcement, just got my bachelor's degree in december. A lot of the departments use the .40 around here so I figured it'd be a good one to start with.
    Good luck with the G23 and the career!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links