A BIG Glock hello from New York..!!

A BIG Glock hello from New York..!!

This is a discussion on A BIG Glock hello from New York..!! within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Just want to say a quick hi to all my fellow Glocksters...!!.... I have carried a Glock 17, 19 & 27 my entire PD career. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: A BIG Glock hello from New York..!!

Just want to say a quick hi to all my fellow Glocksters...!!.... I have carried a Glock 17, 19 & 27 my entire PD career. I still use my Gen 1 17 from 1990, in fact my PD Academy class were the first ones to use the Glock, previously it was a S&W .38. So I hope to be an active member here and give & review hints, tips, etc.
    I also meant to add that my Gen 1 17 still shoots like out of the box. Only thing I have replaced was the recoil spring...
    Last edited by Mdan9mm; 11-23-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    MisterMills357 likes this.

Are you going to post on a regular basis? This place died somewhere along the way, and no one comes here to post anything.
    You would not believe the contrast between Nov 2019 and Nov 2015, there was life here then. I come here every once in a while, but it is a graveyard.

Thanks for the reply and the info. Too bad about the site. I’ve never really been into “forums” so to say. Half the tone I can’t even figure out how to post correctly with all the diff tabs, avatars, etc to click on. Check this out, so I signed up for another Glock forum, like this one, then it said something like “You must first be approved by the Administrator before you can post”. Been almost 2 weeks, I’ve sent 2 messages/emails in the “Help/Contact Us” tab asking what’s taking so long, and still as I type this no response. Don’t understand it....But at least you replied..!!...lol...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mdan9mm View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the info. Too bad about the site. I’ve never really been into “forums” so to say. Half the tone I can’t even figure out how to post correctly with all the diff tabs, avatars, etc to click on. Check this out, so I signed up for another Glock forum, like this one, then it said something like “You must first be approved by the Administrator before you can post”. Been almost 2 weeks, I’ve sent 2 messages/emails in the “Help/Contact Us” tab asking what’s taking so long, and still as I type this no response. Don’t understand it....But at least you replied..!!...lol...
    Dump the forum that would not answer you, it is probably a lousy one. When you get a message about needing to be approved by the Admin, that is due to punks posting spam and talking trash. There are destructive personalities on the forums, just like there are in life. So the Admins take precautions.

I have put down 3 forums for you to look at, and you will like one or all of them. They are not like this place, because they are alive.

Try GlockTalk.com There is a beehive of activity there, and it is not a load of junk either. Sharpen your wits there, because this place is dead.

Some excellent genralized gun forums are:
    https://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/
    https://www.nationalgunforum.com/

I am on all 3 of them myself, and they are pretty good places, to go learn some things about guns. I am pretty casual about GlockTalk and I don't post much.
    But that is my personality at work, and not the forums fault. I did my posting here, when it was a shoot-out, and a quasi-Mogadishu.

Thanks for the reply and the info. Too bad about the site. I’ve never really been into “forums” so to say. Half the tone I can’t even figure out how to post correctly with all the diff tabs, avatars, etc to click on.
    Don't let that worry you, just keep plugging along, and teaching yourself how-to. I have made a million mistakes, and I still make them.

OK, I need to shut up, but here are 2 more sites to try, these are more family oriented. There is slow activity there, but they are alive, just slow.
    Graybeard Outdoors
    https://www.go2gbo.com/index.php

Personal Defense Forum
    https://www.personaldefenseforum.net/forum.php
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 11-24-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Appreciate all that info brother...!!...I’ll def check out ALL the ones you recommend, and I’ll probably see u there as well...!!...Again, thanks for that info...

Oh Hey, I signed up for the GlockTalk but can’t post anything...??...I searched for the “New Member” forum, but can’t figure it how to post anything. That’s the one we’re I assume I’ve been approved because I can log in but can’t post anything...??....If you could help
    Me with that one, that would be great...??....thanks again....

I get to the “Introduction Forum” but can’t post anything and say hello from the newbie...??

It says “I have insufficient privileges to post here”..??...wtf..??....I’ve now sent my 3rd email/message where it says “contact us”. Guess all I can do is still wait.....

Oh Hey, I signed up for the GlockTalk but can’t post anything...??...I searched for the “New Member” forum, but can’t figure it how to post anything. That’s the one we’re I assume I’ve been approved because I can log in but can’t post anything...??....If you could help
    Me with that one, that would be great...??....thanks again....
    I get to the “Introduction Forum” but can’t post anything and say hello from the newbie...??
    It says “I have insufficient privileges to post here”..??...wtf..??....I’ve now sent my 3rd email/message where it says “contact us”. Guess all I can do is still wait.....
    Don't give up. and you will figure it out. There is a minimum number of posts that are required for you to be recognized. They get a lot of spam and morons there, so they have developed steps, that aggravates some new guys.

When I registered at Personal Defense Forum, I was bombarded with about 300 emails in reply. They all had authentication codes, and I could not use any of them.
    It was nuts, and I still don't know what was going on, but I suspect that they were under attack.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 11-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.

https://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/glock-forum.56/

Try this one next, while you are waiting on dumb and dumber at Glock Talk. This is a general site, with a Glock section. I am logged onto it and Glock Talk right now, plus here.

OK, I am going to make a decision here, and log off, and go to the other sites for a bit. Don't give up, and I will try to get back here, to see if you made the leap.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 11-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links