Newbie with G19 G4 Issue

Newbie with G19 G4 Issue

This is a discussion on Newbie with G19 G4 Issue within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Hi Guys (and gals if any). Am a LE officer in NY and just bought my 3rd Glock. 1st one was the 26, then 30 ...

Newbie with G19 G4 Issue

Hi Guys (and gals if any). Am a LE officer in NY and just bought my 3rd Glock. 1st one was the 26, then 30 and now the g4 19. I read and ignored the hype about the problems with the G419 but bought one anyway. Took it out to the range and used our standard issue Federal 124 grain American Eagle ball. First of all I noticed that some of the casings were shooting straight back towards me and a few even hit me on the right shoulder and some on the head. I quickly reverted to a youtube video of an individual who was showing the same problem with the first batch of the G4s. However, mine is a recent production so I called Glock. The first thing the rep "Doug" asked me was if the gun was "broken in" yet. Needless to say I was surprized by this comment as I know Glock to be an "out of the box" shooter. I was asked by Doug to read the serial number on the extractor as they had problems with the first batch of ejectors but mine was the latest one as it has a 5 digit number on it which Doug confirmed was the most recent. I was emailed a tag to send it back but was forwarned that it might be a 6-8 week turn around. So in short, I'm not happy. I know that in a firefight the last thing I will be concerned with will be a casing to the face but in my opinion this is a quality control issue and unacceptable. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any of these issues. I am going to give Glock the benefit of the doubt and shoot a few hundred more rounds out of it. Also, I noticed that my rounds are (at 25 yards) are going way right and low. Typically, my Glocks have been dead on. So, here I am. With a new Glock and not feeling 100% with it. Any comments?

RMD
    Sounds like you might have a lemon, but you'll have to wait until you get it back from them

I know most gen4's are good to go, but there's enough of the G19s and G17s with the ejection issues that I've steered clear for now.

Hi JT welcome to the forum. I have been seen several complaints from people on this as well as other forums about the same issue. Sometimes it's the ammo but not always. There is even a cartoon video that mocks a Glock Sr. Marketing Manager when an employee asks him who did quality testing due to customers being hit in the head with brass on the Gen 4. He then says we will just tell them that they need a break period that will appease them. They really seem to have screwed the pooch on the brand over the last year. I don't know what they were thinking. At least you aren't gun-less while they research and try to fix your 19. I bought a G27 and I have not been experiancing any problems thank God but this issue seems to be larger than just a few people. Sorry for your problems. I hope they fix it quick. I think If I were to by another one I would look for a Gen3. That seemed to be clean from problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Welcome...I'm sure they'll make it right...Hope it works out...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Welcome!

Does the recoil spring assembly has a number on the back? (flat metal end)? It might need an upgraded ejector.

I would not hesitate to send it back.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Yes, I already spoke to a Glock rep and read him that number and confirmed it is the updated ejector....

by all means if you think that you need to send it back and make it their problem then that's what you should do.. i have the same gun and used to have the same problem but after about 300 rounds it slowly started kickin out to the right and now it very rarely comes straight back. New guns especially new generation guns can be quirky even glocks as good as they are but i'm sure you already know that.. hope this helped.

It also Stove piped on me the first few time i took it out... just curious if yours did that too or maybe i was just limp wristin it since it was new lol!

Sponsored Links