Brand New Glock 22 Owner with Holster Question

This is a discussion on Brand New Glock 22 Owner with Holster Question within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Glock Information category; Hey y'all, Brand new Glock 22 (gen. 4) owner as of last week. I'm pretty excited about the reliability and versatility of the Glock, even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey y'all,

Brand new Glock 22 (gen. 4) owner as of last week. I'm pretty excited about the reliability and versatility of the Glock, even though I SUCK at my accuracy so far (only +300 rounds). I'm an XDm owner and for some reason shoot that .40 much more accurately than the G22. Shooting the G22 is just something I'm just going to have to practice (no complaints here).

Question:

I have added a TLR-1 to the rail of my G22 and do not have a holster for it yet. My philosophy of use is strictly home defense, as I will not be open-carrying it until we (Texans) are legally allowed. I want a MIC holster (trigger guard holster THE GLOCKTECH STORE), but with the TLR-1, this holster will not fit. Are there any known trigger "holsters" that are compatible with a G22 gen. 4 sporting a TLR-1?

Thanks for any help y'all can provide. Looking forward to swapping tips and information.

first off welcome to the site and second you might have to go to a custom fit holster. standard holsters are generally mfg'ed to guns without lights or lasers. there are a couple of kydex mfg's that will make one to fit... good luck in your search

I am not sure how attached to the light set up you are but if you get a detachable light you can get a regular holster without the big expense
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 06-24-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Welcome to GF.net...a great site! Congrat's on the new Glock 22...you have chosen, wisely!

As far as a holster that supports a light...you're probably looking at an LEO duty holster as that's where many of the gun/attachment holsters are developed for.

I prefer CopsPlus | Police Supply | Police Duty Gear | Tactical Police Equipment for duty-type stuff...some of the better prices on the 'net!
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll have to go with a full-size LEO holster. It's not impossible to leave the light off, but it would defeat a huge purpose for me, plus it's just a little annoying to remove/re-install the light every time I don't/do need it.Thank y'all so much for the info!

Welcome. Lights are nice but they don't work so well with holsters. Too many variations. Might be able to find one. I have a G22 with a light that I use as home defense but it's in a "quick" safe for easy access.
    G21 Gen 4 FDE
    G34 Gen 4
    G22 Gen 4 FDE
    G26 Gen 4
    S&W Shield

the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Welcome
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

Thanks all. I actually got someone to custom make a trigger "holster" for $30 plus shipping. You have to e-mail the owner of the company, he will accommodate and he is very nice. Very timely shipping. Pictures to come...

Dale Fricke Holsters - Custom Kydex Holsters and Mag PouchesDale Fricke Holsters

Here's a pic. Fits like a glove. Great retention. Company actually shipped a pocket bible with the purchase as well. Amazing deal, great company. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4656 
Size:	960.1 KB 
ID:	4407

Welcome
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

G19 gen4
    Dan Wesson 357
    Ruger Sr22

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links