Andrew Tahmooressi to be freed...

This is a discussion on Andrew Tahmooressi to be freed... within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Finally... Mexican judge orders jailed Marine Andrew Tahmooressi freed, family spokesman says | Fox News A Mexican judge has ordered the immediate release of jailed ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hermit

Thread: Andrew Tahmooressi to be freed...

Finally...

Mexican judge orders jailed Marine Andrew Tahmooressi freed, family spokesman says | Fox News
    A Mexican judge has ordered the immediate release of jailed US Marine Andrew Tahmooressi, a family spokesman told The Associated Press.

Tahmooressi, 26, who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan, has been held since March 31, when he said he mistakenly crossed into Mexico with three legally-purchased and registered guns in his truck.

A court-appointed psychiatrist confirmed that Tahmooress has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    Ron36105 and ZeroGlockThirty like this.

Glad to hear that!

far enough from Asheville, NC to be normal
    Hopefully we traded eric holder or barry for him.
    Gen 3 G26
    Gen 4 G27 FDE
    Gen 3 G29

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

So glad to hear!! Really sucks that it took so long.
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

They've got some tough gun laws in Mexico, but still, why did they hold him so long? Wonder what they do to real criminals.

Yea we should of told mexico months ago release him or we will shut your country down... I just wonder who's hand was not washing the other on this? Politicians make me sick...
    Either way what matters here is he is home and with that i am happy, but he should of been home months ago
    GSSF MEMBER
    GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
    G27 Gen3 G23 Gen3
    G22 RTF2 GILLED G35 Gen3

Just saw on news. He's happy! Welcome home! Veteran didnt deserve that.
    Last edited by Specter6; 11-02-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Montgomery, Tx now, but California, Germany x2, Georgia, Alabama, Hawaii and, oh yeah, Vietnam twice
    his "story" about losing his way with a number of loaded firearms and winding-up in mexico, to me, just doesn't hold water - perhaps anything different will never be told
    Martin Baker Tie Club member

I'll be the first to admit he got screwed big time by the Mexican government... and the Obama admin for not putting pressure on the Mexican government to release him.

That said, the soldier doesn't come across as being the brightest light bulb on the shelf. Probably a heck of a good guy and certainly brave. But not extremely bright. Before I'd have crossed into Mexico with a gun [loaded or not] I'd have stopped in the middle of the highway and backed up traffic for miles if need be. And made officials clear me a path to turn around while I was still on the American side of the border.

I've never been to Mexico, so could someone clear something up for me? When crossing over the border at that check point... are the south bound lanes only manned by Mexican officials ... and the north bound lanes only manned by American officials? Or are there officials from both countries on both the North bound & South bound lanes?
    You can't blame people for wanting to protect themselves, as they see the reality of law enforcement: that law is enforced only after the law shows up. That can be a problem if you're already dead.” Greg Gutfeld / Fox News

Sponsored Links